The Process Engineer will play a critical role in selecting and sizing Komline-Sanderson’s manufactured and auxiliary heat transfer and drying equipment.
A successful Process Engineer will provide sales assistance, technical expertise, cost estimates, quotations, and sales aids as required. The right candidate will also be able to conduct laboratory tests and submit test reports as well as assist customers with field testing and start-up.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Customer Inquiries
- Review customer drawings and specifications.
- Size heat transfer and drying equipment
- Select and size auxiliary equipment.
- Prepare process flow diagrams.
- Generate P&ID’s
- Prepare equipment layout design
- Obtain sub-vendor quotes, prepare project estimates, and develop quotation for KS sales.
- Assist sales to generate sales presentations.
- Conduct laboratory and pilot testing, analyze data and submit lab reports
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Possess good written and oral skills and communicate effectively with people at all levels inside and outside K-S.
- Possess extensive process experience and a solid understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Possess excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to contribute to the quality and integrity of the product.
- Possess effective problem solving skills and the ability sound decisions.
- Produce clear, complete, and accurate diagrams and quotations.
- Ability to set clear priorities.
- Be accurate and pay close attention to detail.
- Possess good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with rigid time constraints.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (mostly domestic with some international).