- Sew, layout, and cut synthetic fabrics.
- Position cloth under needles using match marks on fabric to guide material.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing in order to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform other duties as required by the department.
Desired skills and experience:
- Operate double needle sewing machines.
- Have experience in layout and cutting cloth to cut sheet requirements.
- Be able to read and follow cut sheets (blue prints).
- Have basic math skills (such as fractions) and be able to use rulers.
- Be able to lift heavy bolts of fabric and pack cut material for shipping.
- Be able to complete the same task over and over.
- Assist other employees when production varies.
- Be willing to work overtime as may be required.
- Be self motivated and work independently with limited supervision.
We are looking for a strong operator with experience using industrial sewing machines to stitch together, embellish, or repair fabric/belts working from cut sheets (blue prints) which detail the end products. The right candidate is interested in a diverse set of projects and working as part of a collaborative and fast moving team.