Komline-Sanderson was founded in 1946 by Thomas R. Komline, inventor of a rotary drum vacuum filter that used a patented coilspring media trademarked as the “Coilfilter.” Since its founding, Komline has grown organically to become a leading designer and manufacturer of the highest quality equipment and systems for applications including industrial and municipal wastewater treatment. Komline’s experience ranges from simple one-machine installations to complex multi-step systems. Reliability, ease of operation, rugged design, proven performance, and superior customer service are hallmarks of Komline installations. The company has occupied its current 120,000 square feet manufacturing facility in Peapack, New Jersey since 1950.
We are looking for a sales engineer to help us identify, attack and successfully enter new industrial end markets while broadening our reach in existing ones.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify new process drying and filtration needs in the existing markets we serve as well as identify new target markets of interest and help develop a strategy to effectively market and sell to those markets. The right candidate is also someone that can research our competitors and help develop strategies to effectively compete against them.
The position is based at our headquarters in Peapack, NJ.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Follow up on all new leads as well as sales proposals
- Understand our customers’ technology selection process and how to best position our products and services given those requirements
- Coordinate application equipment sizing and proposal process
- Develop key account strategies to assure competitive position and maximize order intake
- Interface with order execution and engineering personnel for information transfer of new orders
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing to manage post-sale customer relationships
- Present at applicable trade venues
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience selling capital equipment. Filtration, liquid solid separation and dryer thermal processing experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent combination of a related discipline and experience
- Demonstrated track record of revenue growth or new market development
- Experience in pre-contract, lab testing, application engineering, post contract project engineering, mechanical design, parts, post-sale cycle
- Breadth and depth of industrial scope to expand our business capabilities
- Demonstrated capability in developing customer relationships and customer accounts
- Strong team player with the ability to work equally well across a cross-functional team
- Excels under pressure in time sensitive environments with multiple priorities
- An effective verbal and written communicator
- Able to travel up to 50%