In conjunction with the Sourcing Manager at Komline-Sanderson, you will be responsible for ensuring just in time delivery of purchased materials to promote on time delivery. This position includes a focus on continuous improvement and process control and is based at our manufacturing facility in Peapack, NJ.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review mechanical, electrical, and material purchasing requirements as indicated in engineering release to manufacture and bills of materials.
- Purchase stock material, components and manufacturing services from both international and domestic in connection to support a wide array of manufacturing projects, including raw materials, coatings, electrical components, power transmission components, outsourced services, manufacturing consumables, and MRO items
- Identify sources of required purchased items, including favored vendors.
- Identify delivery requirements
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best pricing, quality and on time delivery.
- Place orders. (Prepare and issue purchase orders).
- Expedite delivery as needed.
- Manage material rejections.
- Negotiate favorable terms, including pricing, lead times, payment terms, etc. on purchases. Support negotiation of long-term agreements with key suppliers.
- Organize an efficient inventory program with optimization of stock levels.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree or 3-5 years experience in a technical environment required.
- Be mechanically inclined and able to read basic drawings.
- Possess experience with motors, reducers, carbon and stainless steel, metals, castings, rubber, plastics, valves and fittings, outside fabrication, and vendor sourcing, etc.
- Hands-on manufacturing experience (e.g. machining, welding, etc.) and ability to read engineering drawings and bills of materials is required. Experience in a project-based manufacturing environment is preferred
- This results-oriented role requires strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. To be successful the candidate will need strong negotiation skills, be assertive and able to make decisions independently
- Possess outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Experience working within an ERP system required, Aptean Encompix (Version 10+) preferred.
- Possess Intermediate skill with MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to analyze options and make ethical purchasing decisions.
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Be self-motivated and work independently with limited supervision.
- APICS CPIM certification/CSCP certification a plus.