In conjunction with the Sourcing Manager at Komline-Sanderson, you will be responsible for ensuring just in time delivery of purchased materials to promote on time delivery. This position includes a focus on continuous improvement and process control and is based at our manufacturing facility in Peapack, NJ.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review assigned purchasing requirements as indicated in engineering releases to manufacture.
- Purchase material, components and manufacturing services from both international and domestic vendors to support a wide array of manufacturing projects,
- Prepare and issue purchase orders for items including raw materials, coatings, electrical components, power transmission components, outsourced services, manufacturing consumables, and MRO.
- Identify sources of required purchased items, including development of favored vendors.
- Expedite delivery as needed.
- Manage material rejections.
- Negotiate favorable terms, including pricing, lead times, payment terms on purchases. Support negotiation of long-term agreements with key suppliers.
- Organize an efficient inventory program with optimization of stock levels.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in a technical environment required.
- To be successful the candidate will need strong negotiation skills and be assertive. This results-oriented role requires self-motivation, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Be mechanically inclined and able to read engineering drawings.
- Experience with motors, reducers, carbon and stainless steel, metals, castings, rubber, plastics, valves and fittings, outside fabrication, and vendor sourcing, etc.
- Hands-on manufacturing experience (e.g. machining, welding, etc.). Experience in a project-based manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience working within an ERP system required. Aptean Encompix (Version 10+) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- APICS CPIM certification/CSCP certification a plus.