The Assembler/Expeditor will help track parts and jobs working with the operations management team and, as required assemble mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to engineering drawings. We are looking for a self-starter capable of working on a variety of different tasks, including assembly, parts preparation and job tracking.
The position is based at our headquarters in Peapack, NJ.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Communicate any issues or shortages noted to appropriate contact.
- Coordinate efforts between various departments to schedule and expedite orders
- Adjusts, integrates and balances scheduling variables to assure compliance with contract delivery terms and conditions.
- Assist in coordinating any special activities and/or any expedited services required.
- Perform inventory cycle counts
- Prepare assembly of machines by collecting and organizing required parts
- Prepare parts for assembly through material prep techniques including blasting and painting
- Move large parts and machines around manufacturing floor using forklift or overhead crane
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, team environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
We will train qualified candidates so long as they have some manufacturing experience. Candidates for these positions must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings and assembling products or their parts
- Ability to operate equipment, troubleshoot, and problem solve
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Must have a good command of the English language and be a strong communicator
- Dedication to quality and safety
- Ability to frequently stand, bend, and reach
- Must be able to lift, pull up or push up to 70 pounds as required
- Positive attitude and leadership skills
- Knowledge of lean principles desired, but not required