Mechanical Designer / Drafting Engineer
Komax Systems Huntington Beach, CA
- Posted: 16 days ago
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Komax Systems, Inc. is seeking a full time Mechanical Designer / Drafting Engineer at our Huntington Beach, California office for immediate hire.
Komax Systems, Inc. is a global leading provider of static mixers, desuperheaters, heat exchangers, and direct injection steam heaters, which are used in refineries, power plants, food processing plants, and various other industrial applications. The Mechanical Designer/Drafting Engineer will be responsible for preparing detailed drawings of all products manufactured as well as working with the sales engineers to ensure accurate information is portrayed on the drawings for customer review and fabrication release. The Mechanical Designer/Drafting Engineer will also from time to time assist in engineering duties, including but not limited to, design calculations, product design, R&D, and overflow assistance from the engineers.
- Prepare accurate 2D drawings, diagrams, models of various piping components and products.
- Ensure all documents edited are named, filed, and kept properly
- Meet all deadlines set forward by projects to ensure no bottlenecking occurs
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Calculate required dimensions and cut lengths of pipe/piping components based off of designs.
- Review and modify designs to reduce production deficiencies or production difficulties
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Work with R&D department to develop new design drawings for fabrication
- Work with Sales engineers to assist in overflow engineering work
- Potential for starting 3D modeling of products
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills, a multi-tasker, reliable, self-determined and have excellent follow up skills
- Experience with piping and pressure vessel design (preferred but not mandatory)
- Possess ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, code books, schematics, sketches, and operational manuals.
- 2+ years experience in a drafting position utilizing AutoCad, SolidWorks, or other related
- Detail oriented with an eye for missing/incorrect information
- Willingness to work with sales engineering team and learn product design and function.
- Experience with Engineering Code work and books.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
Since 1973 Komax Systems, Inc. has led the industry in static mixing technology offering a diverse range of Static Mixers, Steam Heaters, Desuperheaters, and Heat Exchangers. With more than three hundred combined years of fluids-mixing experience, the Komax design team has applied Komax technology to a technical base of over one hundred thousand installations worldwide. At Komax, we are continuously developing new solutions to mixing challenges. To date, we have developed technologies that have resulted in over 40 mixing and heat transfer patents. This background allows us to provide solutions to your most challenging mixing and heat transfer application.
15301 Graham StreetHuntington Beach, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Komax Systems