Help Desk Specialist - Digital Signage
- Posted: over a month ago
- $43,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, 401k,
Kollins Communications has a challenging opportunity in Ramsey, NJ for a talented individual to become a Digital Signage Support Specialist in our Digital Services department. This department supports all of the digital signage, point-of-sale electronics design, and content management systems in a 24/7 environment for nationwide clients.
This position involves assisting in our Call Center, Technology Center, and on-site at Client locations (Retail/Commercial).
You would have an established work schedule with occasional travel; however, the position may also require working remotely off hours and weekends, as necessary, to meet the needs of our clients.
The successful candidate will work with staff and clients on sustaining audio visual and multimedia applications in commercial and retail locations. You would be an integral member of a team including the Chief Technology Officer who provides leadership, mentoring, and support for other members of the team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who takes extreme pride in their work and wants to excel in a career in customer service and technology.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide technological expertise based on basic electrical/electronics knowledge
- Perform system level troubleshooting over the phone to our clients
- Instruct on preventative/fix/repair maintenance on an assortment of video and digital signage
- Master Zendesk customer service solutions software (under our guidance)
Qualifications and Skills
- Familiarity with BrightSign media players, programming and network connectivity is a real plus
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in electronic systems customer service, installation and/or service.
- Work under pressure, assess multiple demands, and manage priorities
- Communicate effectively in person and via email, phone, or text to varied audiences
- Demonstrate an understanding of audio/video signal flows and control systems for distributed audio, video, and signage systems and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Read and interpret store plan-o-grams, electronic diagrams, and user manuals
- Commercial/residential AV installation experience is beneficial
Additional Opportunities if Qualified
- Represent the company on-site to fix/repair/install digital signage on a national basis
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, reaching, and lifting up to 80 lbs
- Flexibility to travel or work during non-normal hours
- Work as part of a crew or independently with third party integrators in the field
- Demonstrate wiring and terminating low voltage, CAT 5/6, BNC cables
- Familiarity with simple hand tools, i.e., electric drill
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, Computer Science, Communications, Trade School, or related field. On the Job Experience counts in lieu of a formal education.
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds, as well as independently.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to wear many hats.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
General Submission Guidelines
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Kollins, you must submit a resume and, preferably, a cover letter with your expectations.. Links to your other work examples, if available, is encouraged.
We specialize in solving our clients’ needs with experiential approaches to video, e-media, digital signage, web support, photography, printed materials, retail point-of-sale displays, trade show and event support — www.kollins.com. We service major companies but for sanity our accounts include beach bars and motorsports.
Kollins Communications is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Whole building air purification: HVAC systems are equipped with dual-ionization devices to nullify pathogens, pollen (technology used in hospitals/airports).
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
Kollins Communications Inc
55 Grant StreetRamsey, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?