We are currently seeking an experienced Apartment Service Manager to join our growing portfolio in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are:
Kole Management is a family-owned company with a 25-year tradition of owning and operating well maintained apartment communities featuring friendly, personalized service. We believe strongly in professional, respectful and helpful relationships between and among our employees, residents and business partners. Our company mission, renewed daily, is to match our customers with the best apartment home for their needs, and to help our residents continue to feel at home in their apartment and apartment community.
About the role:
Oversees and performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks.
What you’ll do:
• Assists and completes work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
• Oversees and completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
• Develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community and company standards.
• Periodically inspects work performed by other service team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed.
• Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
• Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and works with Community Manager to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Assists Community Manager in developing the budget for regular repair and maintenance and capital expenses.
• Completes monthly Preventative Maintenance procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
• Conducts regularly scheduled Kole Management safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keeps up to date on all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure property compliance.
• Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering questions from your team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
• Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) license
• Must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
Skills and Abilities
• Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
• Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
• Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to represent company management in a support capacity, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
• Demonstrated proficiency in internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to maintain records of information and develop and provide information for manager’s use. (Property management system experience is preferred.)
• Ability to operate basic office machines such as copiers, faxes, calculators, postage meters, and multi-line telephone systems.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions in order to review and complete various financial, administrative, and legal documents.
What we offer:
• Competitive pay with bonus potential
• Medical, dental, & vision care
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
• Life and disability benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid time off (PTO) & paid holidays
• Employee discounts
• Employee assistance programs
• Opportunities for advancement – we aim to promote from within
Kole Management Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.