We are currently seeking experienced Service Technicians to join our growing portfolio in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are:
Kole Management is a family-owned company with a 25-year tradition of owning and operating well maintained apartment communities featuring friendly, personalized service. We believe strongly in professional, respectful and helpful relationships between and among our employees, residents and business partners. Our company mission, renewed daily, is to match our customers with the best apartment home for their needs, and to help our residents continue to feel at home in their apartment and apartment community. Learn more at www.kolemc.com
About the role:
Performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks.
What you’ll do:
• Complete assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
• Complete the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
• Follow procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property’s maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
• Complete documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
• Assist in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
• Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
• May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
• Complies with Kole Management’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
• Demonstrate customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
• Assist in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
• EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling preferred.
• Certified Pool Operator license preferred.
• Must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
• Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to represent company management in a support capacity, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
What we offer:
• Competitive pay with bonus potential
• Medical, dental, & vision care
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
• Life and disability benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid time off (PTO) & paid holidays
• Employee discounts
• Employee assistance programs
• Opportunities for advancement – we aim to promote from within
Kole Management Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.