CDL Drivers! We do more than just drive! We put the lines on the road!!! As a driver for Kolbe Striping, you will have the opportunity to drive many different types of trucks, including: Paint Trucks, Brooms, Semi's, Grinding Trucks, Groovers, Attenuator Trucks, Etc, Etc, Etc!
Job Title: CDL Driver Department: Field
Supervisor's Title: Crew Leader or Project Manager Location: Job sites (roadways)
Purpose of position: Drives trucks to paint stripes on road in accordance with federal and state Department of Transportation regulations. Performs light mechanical repairs on vehicles. Performs unskilled construction activities, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties.
- Ensures that their actions meet all safety requirements, and watches areas around them to ensure all aspects of the project are safe for everyone.
- Verifies details of striping projects with Project Manager, including site locations, type of materials and nature of project.
- Loads and unloads materials and equipment.
- Hauls materials to job sites.
- Operates equipment and machinery*
- Shovels and sweeps asphalt and concrete.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Lays striping materials on roadway using various techniques
- Operate large complex CDL vehicles including Removal, Epoxy, as well Paint trucks, and other CDL trucks carrying hazardous materials. Operates non-CDL trucks, including Attenuators and smaller paint truck units*
- Operates forklifts*
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water "Pre-Trip"
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Reads blueprints and performs layouts*
- Performs flagging tasks*
- Assists with layouts
- Uses mathematical skills to ensure proper placement
- Drives vehicles and equipment as necessary
- Provides Customer Service to our Customers, including the traveling public; ensuring follow through on problems encountered, questions asked, or issues identified.
- Completes audits of quality control, safety checks for drivers (ensuring that the striping is accurate and does not cause a safety concern), as well as inventory and billing audits of reported quantities.
- Ensures at the end of the shift all required tasks listed on the daily checklist are complete to KSI standards.*
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools including hand shovel, pck, construction bar, rake, broom and other handheld power tools.
- Knowledge of safety rules and ability to abide by them
- Ability to safely operate Class A vehicles and below
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination
- Knowledge of and exposure to hazardous materials
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Colorado Flagger Certification
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License
- Four years driving experience driving Striping trucks following Class A or B certification. Certain tasks (as indicated with an *) requires training and/or endorsements from a governing authority. Those tasks will be required as the training and/or endorsements are obtained.
- Two years' experience operating Striping Trucks
- Outdoor environment that includes exposure to rain, sleet, snow, extreme cold, dust, mud, heat, direct sunlight, dark, and noise
- May be exposed to moving vehicles, moving parts, exhaust and fumes
- Prolonged sitting, standing and bending, reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting.
- Often includes lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling items up to 75 pounds.
- Sometimes requires working at elevated heights.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job
Kolbe Striping is a Seasonal/Work Dependent Employer. Hours will be limited by weather or work load, and layoffs will occur.
Kolbe Striping is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a workplace free of drugs.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro