Food Safety & Quality Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have a college degree in food science?
Have you worked in food or beverage manufacturing?
Do you have a passion for coffee?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have a great opportunity for you in our growing company! This FSQT role is part of the food safety and quality team in our Richmond, CA plant where we manufacture cold-brew coffee using our unique, patented process. You test products, troubleshoot QA issues, and collaborate with others on activities related to food quality and regulatory compliance. This hands-on role works on-site at the plant.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Complete regular and accurate sampling and testing of beverage products according to company, regulatory, and industry policies and practices;
· Quickly identify any issues and communicate any risks clearly and timely to cross-functional stakeholders and offer possible solutions to mitigate those risks;
· Assist with internal and external audits, including SQF audits, customer audits, and regulatory inspections; and
· Work with QA team members and others on a variety of projects as the business grows such as product specifications, supplier approvals, traceability, incident management, and the Company’s Product Recall Plan.
Minimum qualifications for the position include the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as food science, microbiology, or similar;
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in the food manufacturing industry preferred;
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills;
· Must be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and a positive attitude;
· Certifications include PCQI, HAACP, and SQF Practitioner with Better Process Control School certification a plus; and
· Strong computer skills including use of MS Office and other relevant software.
Enthusiasm, high energy, and an entrepreneurial mindset are all necessary for success in our environment. To learn more, visit www.kohanacoffee.com. For immediate consideration, send your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf format only) with subject ‘FSQA Tech’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary TBD DOE. No calls & no recruiters please. EOE.
This starts with a great team!
Kohana CoffeeWhy Work Here?
Growing company with professional development opportunities
We’re reaching for the stars to be the best alternative to sugary sports drinks – a clean energy beverage that checks all the boxes for taste, convenience, health and wellness all wrapped up in a sophisticated package. This starts with a great team!
514 W Ohio AveRichmond, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Kohana Coffee