Service Technician-Demonstrator (Trainer/Press Operator)
Koenig & Bauer (US) Inc. Hartford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Job Title: Service Technician - Demonstrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Regional Service Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Responsibility: The Demonstrator is responsible for the operation, demonstration, and explanation of Koenig & Bauer sheetfed presses including peripheral equipment. The Demonstrator provides training and instruction on the operation and maintenance of the presses and peripheral equipment to customers and their staff both upon installation of new equipment and on an on-going basis. Demonstrator must also be able to troubleshoot and repair machine issues.
- Works with the Koenig & Bauer Service installing and commissioning Koenig & Bauer systems and equipment through customer demonstrations including Koenig & Bauer quality control systems, software and hardware, demonstrations, training and application development for sheetfed printing equipment and additional options.
- Has knowledge of and is able to convey competitive advantage of Koenig & Bauer presses and systems including all peripheral equipment.
- Looks for opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and create enthusiasm and pride in Koenig & Bauer and its systems and equipment to maximize sales potential.
- May demonstrate equipment hardware and software at trade shows.
- Documents all training and demonstrations.
- Deliver world-class customer service with each and every customer interaction including introducing or greeting the customer upon your arrival, listening and asking questions of the customer to understand how you can help, informing customer of your findings as well as recommended action plan including schedule and timeline, and touching base with customer at the end of the job or during critical milestones while on the job.
- Complete accurate and timely records including updating open/closed issues spreadsheet, recording time, expenses, and work performed in MDS, and any other required paperwork or records.
- Adhere to all applicable customer practices and policies while working at their site including arrival and departure procedures, following safety policies and using necessary personal protective equipment, and adhering to policies regarding smoking and eating in the workplace.
- Performs other related job responsibilities as necessary based on business needs.
Education: High School Diploma or GED-equivalent required but post-high school degree or certification in a technical field including but not limited to printing, industrial/plant maintenance, or automotive production/service desired.
Experience: Minimum five years of experience operating sheetfed printing equipment.
Computer Skills: Computer literacy with basic knowledge of e-mail, internet navigation, word processing, spreadsheets, and other business system software and solid experience operating control systems, software, and hardware related to printing equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of printing production and planning.
- A thorough understanding of printing processes like Conventional, UV and Waterless.
- A good understanding of Printing Industry standards and specifications
- Working knowledge of measuring systems used in printing processes
- Basic understanding of customers’ production environment and industry trends.
Communication, Customer Service, and Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information to people with varying degrees of technical knowledge and ability.
- Good customer service skills with attentive listening, ability to ask the right questions for clarification, and prompt response.
- Collaborative team member with the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with external customers and other internal resources such as Service, Parts, Remote Maintenance, Travel, and other functional areas.
- Must be able to meet the physical abilities of the job as outlined in the Environmental Conditions section of this job description including travel, schedule, lifting and other physical requirements, and hold a valid driver’s license with a record that meets company policy.
Location: This position is based from employee’s home with almost 100% travel to customer locations across the United States and Canada. Home base must be within 1 – 1.5 hours from a major airport unless an exception has been approved by manager.
Work Schedule: Schedule varies and may include early mornings, evenings, late nights, and weekend work.
We are an over 200 year old global company (yes, that’s a lot of birthdays) in the fast changing printing industry. We are constantly growing and looking to hire new talent at Koenig & Bauer (US). Working at our company has its perks...from hands on experience working with some of the most advanced technology in print to being a part of an international team that supports our products, your learning will continue throughout your career. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including three weeks of vacation and up to 11 holidays per year so you can play as hard as you work!
Come join us...we're on it!
Koenig & Bauer (US) Inc.Why Work Here?
Industry leader, customer-focused, innovative equipment, and talented workforce...we're on it!
The print industry is nearly $898 billion...one of the larger industries in the world. Print is around you....every where, every day. It is the packaging in your grocery stores, your currency and credit cards in your wallet, your signage in your big box retail stores. Print is on your soda cans, your perfume & cologne bottles, your data cables, your prescription drug packaging. It is endless and growing. Koenig & Bauer, one of the largest printing press manufacturers in the world, is proud to be a leader in the industry. We are an over 200 year old global company (yes, that’s a lot of birthdays) in the fast changing printing industry. We are constantly growing and looking to hire new talent at Koenig & Bauer (US). Working at our company has its perks...from hands on experience working with some of the most advanced technology in print to being a part of an international team that supports our products, your learning will continue throughout your career. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including three weeks of vacation and up to 11 holidays per year so you can play as hard as you work! Come join us...we're on it!