Production Assistant - Part Time
Kodiak Cakes Park City, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
The Production Assistant will assist the media team to produce amazing content for Kodiak Cakes. You will be hands on with production, studio food photography, food styling, lifestyle photography, and videography. You will work closely with our in-house content production team and will learn the ins and outs of content creation of a fast growing brand.
- Support during photo and video shoots; help with lighting, set up and tear down
- Assist with food prep, propping, and styling elements
- Work with models and wardrobe on set
- Assist in clean up after shoots, breaking down set when on location and organizing studio
- Keep product stocked and organized in the studio for shoots
- Help with errands as needed, prop searching, buying groceries, etc.
- Organize paperwork associated with productions
- Assist the coordination of productions including release forms, craft service, and props
- Assist with creating a pre production template and model/location production book
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Interested in learning more about being in a media related role
- Experience in production, photography, or videography
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Experience in food styling or a strong desire to grow in this area
- Passionate about the growing food industry
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in our headquarters near the ski slopes and mountain trails of Park City, Utah. As a result of COVID, the team is primarily working remotely. However, as this position will be on location, candidates must reside in the Salt Lake area. All necessary precautions are being taken while the team is on location. This position will report to the Producer and will assist the team as needed.
- Flexible hours- working 2-4 days per week depending on when shoots are scheduled, total of 10-18 hours per week
- Gain experience working in video and photo production with a focus in marketing
- A company fleet of mountain bikes and other equipment
- All-you-can-eat flapjacks
We try to create an unparalleled work environment–a fun and loose atmosphere where wins are celebrated, collaboration is king, work is balanced with life, and every individual makes a deep impact. Additionally, we proactively search for ways to develop each individual’s career path here at Kodiak Cakes and beyond through training, performance feedback, and personal development plans.
The future of food is whatever our generation decides it will be. We are committed to creating wholesome, natural, authentic food with superior taste to fuel a healthy, active lifestyle. We are also committed to being responsible stewards of our food, nature, and wildlife. We feel encouraged by some of the wholesome trends in food today and believe that with a concerted effort we can make an enormous impact in building momentum for natural, better-for-you foods. If you feel inspired in this same journey, we invite you to apply to join our team and leave your legacy on the future of food.