Field Mechanics for Stan Koch & Sons Trucking, Inc complete preventative maintenance tasks and diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul various tractors and trailers for use in the over-the-road trucking industry out on the road in the Minnesota and Western Wisconsin area.
The schedule for this role will be 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. CDL highly preferred or willingness to obtain.
Competitive salary and benefits offered, including tool & boot allowance! Clean, well equipped, customer driven shop.
What does the job look like daily?
- Complete preventative and reactive maintenance on all company trailers and customers including: oil/fluid changes, brakes, lights, sub-assemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, changing clutches, repairing wheel seals, tire changes, and replacing wind shields
- Use diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices to determine required repairs
- Maintain Company equipment and facilities including keeping them in good, clean, orderly condition
- Order necessary parts to repair the equipment
- Using hoists and hand tools and will examine parts for damage or excessive wear
- Occasionally cleaning parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent
- Occasionally weld or solder broken parts and structural members using an arc/wire feed welder/O2 torch and soldering tools
What do you need to do the job?
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year experience as a diesel mechanic.
- Ability to work with a team and communicate effectively
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Must be able to up to 50+ lbs
- Able to constantly work in awkward positions of bending, kneeling and laying as well as frequent climbing on ladders or into/onto tops of trailers for repairs as necessary
Why work for us?
- Experience Original Equipment Manufacturers Training from big names in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience plus shift pay for second, third and weekend shifts!
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Growing company
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Holiday pay and Paid Time Off
- 401K with immediate company match
- Fun team of experienced professionals who love their job!
$3000 Sign on bonus offered for new Mechanics! Initial payment of $500 with first paycheck, $500 after 30 days, $1000 after 60 days and $1000 after 120 days. Bonus is based on satisfactory performance during 120 days where employee must meet the requirements of the position and competently perform duties assigned to be eligible.
Koch Trucking is a place to call home.
Family owned, Driver Focused.