This is a SYSTEMS CONSULTANT and PROJECT MANAGER position which requires an in depth knowledge of manufacturing, distribution and supply chain operatons, ERP and WMS system selections and implementation in addition to strong technical writing, engineering, public speaking and customer service.
The cool part about this position is that your work is our main product that our customers are paying for, unlike overhead positions in larger companies. This person will be expected to know how to work with all levels from the executives to the shop floor. Most of the work for this position comes from three scenarios:
- A client is changing their business and they need help to align their operations and systems with this new direction. The change could be driven from growth, expansion, acquisition of another company, or new product lines.
- Their systems are antiquated or obsolete and they need our help to select the right systems, develop and plan, and put in place the systems they need in the most feasible and practical way.
- Our client has an issue with their systems or operations and they need our help to investigate and identify the root causes and fix it.
Candidate must have at least 8 years working with manufacturing and distribution operations and systems and project management with the following qualifications:
- ERP Systems Selections and Implementations for manufacturing and/or distribution companies.
- Warehouse Management systems selections and implementations.
- Familiarity with common ERP systems for the small to mid-sized companies, such as Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Syspro, Epicor, Netsuite, and SAPB1.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and presentation skills are required.
- Strong budgeting, scheduling and planning skills.
- Ability to manage the efforts of other suppliers and engineers.
- At least 4 years of management experience where employees report directly to you..
- Very strong analytical skills and education
- A passion for diagnosing and solving problems for the good of our clients.
- Strong understanding of how a manufacturing or distribution business operates
- Lean Six Sigma, APICS or PMI Certifications are a plus
- MBA, Masters in Industrial and Systems Engineering, or B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Manufacturing Engineering