- Posted: over a month ago
Kobiton is a mobile app testing platform that accelerates speed-to-market and improves the quality of the user experience by testing on real devices in the cloud or on-premises.
Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies and play an integral role in helping us scale at warp speed. Work with an amazing group of peers who will inspire you in new ways every day.
What You'll Do:
We're looking for a Technical Writer. In this role, you’ll manage the overall maintenance and publication of our online documentation, which is in AsciiDoc format. You will work with internal resources and interview software developers to gather, write, and publish technical documentation for our end users. You may also manage one or more technical writers to assist with this work and be responsible for editing and publishing the produced content.
This role is based in Atlanta and will be expected to come into our Buckhead office at least one to two times a week to collaborate with and develop relationships with colleagues.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, engineers, and other technical writers to write, review, revise, and maintain product user documentation, including user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, and training videos.
- Communicate complex concepts and information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Edit work from colleagues and provide constructive feedback.
- Plan, schedule, and track documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Monitor feedback and metrics on the usage of documentation and training materials and direct customer feedback to prioritize future documentation and training investments.
- Self-starter who is organized, thrives in a fast-paced culture, and enjoys team success
- Strong writing skills with consistency, attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize technical content and create documentation and training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users
- Demonstrated experience and a portfolio of technical writing
- Experience with AsciiDoc (or Markdown) or aptitude to learn
- Experience with docs-as-code and Github or aptitude to learn
- Experience in maintaining screenshots and other documentation images in Figma or similar tool or aptitude to learn
- At least 2 years of experience tech writing for a software company; SaaS is a bonus
- Any experience in the software testing space is a bonus
- Casual work environment
- Self-Managed (sometimes referred to as unlimited) Paid Time Off (PTO) - We trust that everyone working at Kobiton is a true professional and responsible adult. When you’re sick, take the time you need to get better. If you need a break to refresh and reboot, enjoy your time off.
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance for you and your family
- Mobile phone and Wi-Fi reimbursement
- Company-sponsored training and development opportunities (Growbiton)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Parental Leave (this includes adopting parents!)
- Employee referral bonus
- Fitness center on-site in Atlanta
- Free access to coffee at Bellwood Coffee shop on-site in Atlanta
- Tickets to Braves and State Farm Arena concert tickets
- Free lunches on Mondays
- Frequent happy hours
Kobiton is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We care about our people and celebrate our differences. We want to work with talented, collaborative, and innovative people. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?