Knox Financial Boston, MA
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Knox is the first financial institution for property investors. We're changing how homeowners and property investors build wealth. There are great brands up and down Wall Street ready to make the most of your portfolio of stocks and bonds, but Knox is the first and only investment firm focused on property.
Knox makes real estate investment portfolios perform while investors enjoy a hands-off, passive investing experience. We also make it easy for homeowners to turn the home they're moving out of into an income property, unlocking preferred rates of return and creating generational wealth. Venture funded, we're building an extraordinary team to help us expand rapidly. After successfully launching our platform in 7 cities, we are excited to expand our platform across the country.
Knox is a mission-driven company with a diverse team that values honest and transparent communication, simple and focused execution, and work-life balance. We offer market compensation and meaningful equity for world-class teammates. In 2021, Knox continues to grow in excess of 50% year over year, launched in 3 new cities, and closed an A-round of investment. Best of all, we're just getting started!
At the core of our business is a strong and sophisticated financial engine that manages complex transactions and keeps track of clients, properties, payments, vendors, payroll, and more. As we grow we need to ensure that all our processes become reliably streamlined and simplified to ensure that our customer experience is seamless and engenders trust.About you:
You are a hands-on, results driven, experienced accounting professional looking for an opportunity to grow with a company.. You are meticulous about details and following up on errant transactions. You are a self-starter with a passion for problem-solving and improvements. You have at least 3 years of experience in roles that have involved transaction processing, managing general ledger and entries, bank and account reconciliations, producing financial reports and analyses, and assisting in budget preparation and external accountant management.
You know how to utilize accounting software so that processes are streamlined and errors are minimal. With a deep understanding of our business and data, you'll collaborate with management, clients, employees, and vendors to ensure that all transactions are well tracked and accounted for.
Prior experience in real estate or rentals is a plus, as is familiarity with property management software.
You should have a solid reputation for making a big impact. You are a seasoned team member who has a passion for and demonstrated success in meticulous problem-solving. You will be working with our Chief Financial Officer to ensure that all financial aspects of the organization can scale accurately and efficiently as we continue to grow.
This position will be in-person 3-5 days a week in our Newbury Street office in Boston. We are strongly encouraging our in-office employees to be vaccinated and ask that if people have not been vaccinated that they wear a mask when inside the building.Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable invoices, requisitions, and purchase orders
- Assist in weekly check runs
- Banking and bank reconciliations
- Credit cards reconciliations
- General ledger entries, reconciliation & analysis
- Backup for payroll processing
- Help maintain vendor files and orientation for new vendors
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Research and track accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Intercompany transactions
- KPI and financial metrics
- Additional accounting tasks and projects as needed
At least 3 years experience in:
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Checking and verifying source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts
- Allocating and posting financial transaction details
- Reconciliation and balancing of accounts
- Collating and analyzing account data and generate financial reports
- Maintenance of complete filing system to manage financial records
- Preparation of checks, payments and bank deposits
- Compliance with relevant reporting requirements
- Assisting with budget preparation
- ssisting with outside accountants
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Knox Financial