Director of Volunteer Relations
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direction of the VP for People & Culture, the Director – Volunteer Relations assists in building, developing, and maintaining an effective, Christ-centered, biblically-based volunteer ministry throughout KARM. The Director – Volunteer Relations facilitates the work of the ministry in its endeavor to provide maximum service to KARM’s staff to ensure the optimal environment in which volunteer ministry can flourish to serve KARM’s guests, donors, and the volunteers themselves in accordance with KARM policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Models Christian conduct and behavior to all constituents
- Develops organization-wide recruitment strategies in partnership with the departments to ensure each ministry area has an effective volunteer recruitment strategy. Ensures strong messaging consistent with High Impact principles
- Recruits, selects, equips, and leads a volunteer relations team of staff/ volunteers to assist with implementation of Volunteer Relations Ministry. Works with the internal Events and Programs Ministry staff to ensure timely and effective volunteer placement at events and outreach programs
- Ensures all department leaders have been trained and are effective and consistent in applying strong biblical volunteer ministry development process and principles
- Identifies metrics that are meaningful to the ministry, tracking and communicating effectiveness, to executive leadership and departmental leadership. Provides specific recommendations on opportunities identified
- Supports KARM staff members by providing training, support and tools to facilitate effective department-specific volunteer ministry development
- Work with KARM staff members to determine current and future needs for volunteers throughout the ministry
- Conducts KARM Encounters (A 90 min exploration of KARM and how to plug in) for volunteer prospects and people in the community and provides the basic equipping and on-boarding to get started volunteering at KARM.
- Support the VP in design and distribution of the newsletter and/or other communication pieces for volunteers concerning KARM updates, info re events and current needs, affirmation, all while translating the cause.
- Oversees volunteer recognition/affirmation strategy and implementation.
- Represent the Volunteer Ministry both internally to departments as well as externally to individuals/groups conducting necessary speaking engagements when necessary.
- Create an active outreach program to establish new volunteer groups.
- Commitment to Christian faith required; spiritually mature
- Commitment to KARM’s mission and agreement with our statement of faith and guiding values
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience working in a non-profit organization where volunteers are a vital part of the operation.
- Three-five years of experience in effective volunteer ministry development.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Publisher, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other general office equipment.
- Willingness to agree with and abide by KARM’s statement of faith.
- Must have an ability to relate to persons of all ages, backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Strong organizational skills, strong follow through and attention to detail
- Office setting at KARM maintained property
- Travel to various KARM facilities and other locations required for various purposes
- Occasional light travel to regional/area speaking engagements
- Occasional required attendance at KARM special events, sometimes during weekend or evening hours
- Required attendance at KARM Encounters
Knox Area Rescue Ministries
Non ProfitView all jobs at Knox Area Rescue Ministries