Senior Manager, Resource Development (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Manager, Resource Development is a two-year position that will play a critical role in supporting the KnowledgeWorks team in the development and curation of resources to support schools and districts in their personalized, competency-based learning journey. The person in this role must have a demonstrated commitment to education equity, equitable outcomes and the principles of personalized, competency-based learning
This role will be primarily responsible for developing on-demand, virtual learning modules that will be available to educators across the country. This will include curating resources, developing content, and managing technical aspects of the online learning platform. Responsibilities will also include supporting the Directors of Teaching and Learning in the curation and development of content in support of their professional development sessions. Over time, based on experience and interest, this individual may be asked to play a supporting role in face-to-face professional development.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Lead development of on-demand learning modules
- Work collaboratively with KnowledgeWorks’ team members to identify priority topics and develop scope and sequence for learning modules
- Create content including but not limited to: scripts, text, videos, and graphics
- Collaborate with graphic designers and other staff or consultants on the development of videos and visual assets required for new module development
- Design courses within online learning systems including uploading and formatting resources
Resource Development and Curation
- Work collaboratively with KnowledgeWorks’ team members to develop resources that will advance personalized, competency-based learning
- Identify and curate internal and external resources that will support the growth of personalized, competency-based learning in schools, districts, and states
Education and Experience
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a system implementing personalized, competency-based learning practices; applicant need not have experience in all areas but must have working knowledge deep enough to curate and develop related resources
- Demonstrated ability to make meaning of content and develop resources useful to educators
- Experience designing courses in online learning platforms such as Thinkific, Canvas, Schoology, etc.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of personalized, competency-based learning
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Ability to work on a collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent organization and project management skills; the ability to manage details, work independently, manage multiple projects and set priorities accordingly
- Must have experience designing in online learning platforms such as Thinkific, Canvas, Schoology, etc.
- Experience with Screencast-O-Matic or similar tools preferred
- Must be able to navigate and use Google products, e.g., Google drive, docs, slides and forms
- Must be able to navigate and use Microsoft Office products e.g., Word and PowerPoint)
As part of the larger KnowledgeWorks team, this position will actively participate in our ongoing diversity, equity, inclusion and justice work. In partnership with Promise54, we are actively reflecting on and improving our internal culture, as well as growing our competencies to effectively engage in antiracist education systems change with our partners. Engaging in this work is an essential part of each team member’s personal professional development, external capability building and contribution to the culture and work of KnowledgeWorks.
KnowledgeWorks prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, KnowledgeWorks takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Get fresh Manager Resource Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.