Our client is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) in Richmond, IN.
Nights: 6:00PM - 7:00AM
Pay Rate: $30-$33/hr based on experience
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Ticket and Event discounts!
- The above are available provided contractors meet eligibility requirements
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) POSITION SUMMARY:
Directs and coordinates patient care and clinical supervision of LPN’s and Behavioral Health Recovery Attendants primarily on evening shift. Assumes responsibility for the ongoing assessment of each patient’s physical and psychosocial status from admission to discharge. This position requires the performance of a full range of nursing care for patients with a wide range of medical diagnosis and varying degrees of illness. Promotes the hospital mission of Hope and Recovery.
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritizes and organizes the daily care of patients.
- Makes patient care assignments based upon specific patient needs.
- Provides ongoing assessment of patients' physical and psychosocial status from admission to discharge.
- Directs LPNs and BHRAs to coordinate the workflow on the unit. Recognizes and defines problems and takes corrective actions.
- Conducts nursing programs.
- Serves as a Treatment Plan Coordinator and develops treatment plans in collaboration with other clinical staff (day shift).
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements nursing care plans for acute medical problems.
- Works in collaboration with the unit ADON/Nurse 6/Nursing Supervisor to plan treatment and programs for the unit.
- Completes medication administration supervision monitors for the LPNs and QMAs as assigned.
- Completes clinical observation notes for LPNs, QMAs and BHRAs.
- Completes monthly Nursing progress notes on assigned patients.
- Provides immediate and effective feedback to employees concerning behavior and performance.
- Works closely with the ADON, Nurse 6 and unit physician to provide quality care.
- Communicates with the ADON, Nurse 6 and physician on an ongoing basis to notify them of patient status.
- Educates patients and family members regarding medication, procedures and treatment goals and objectives.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Assures that staff follow hospital and nursing policies and procedures correctly. Interprets policies and procedures to staff as needed.
- Carries out nursing care following ESH policies and procedures.
- Reponds to emergency situations.
- Directs care/intervenes with agitated patients.
- Serves on Nursing and hospital committees as assigned.
- Provides orientation to unit staff as needed.
Attends training as assigned and maintains certification in CPI, CPR/AED professional rescuer, and TB
Possession of a valid Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the Indiana Health Professions Bureau required. (Proof of valid license must accompany application.) Proficiency in computer skills and ability to learn other programs used in maintaining the electronic medical records. Good interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills.
Today, Knowledge Services is the largest government MSP provider in the nation with twelve state accounts and counting. With a diverse and growing team, seven office locations across the country, and a focus on mobile capabilities, Knowledge Services is poised to help organizations serve the modern citizen through cost-effective solutions that put people first.