Knowledge Services is seeking a Program Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN.
The Program Coordinator will have the following responsibilities.
- Conduct legal review for completed REPACE and Employment investigations.
- Revise completed REPACE and Employment Notice of Findings.
- Conduct interviews of complainants, respondents and witnesses via phone, office interviews, or onsite interviews, using generally accepted investigative interviewing
- Analyze gathered information, including interviews, comparative information & statistical
- Draft concise written articulation of violations (or non-violations) in a case analysis that includes relevant facts, observations, & conclusions gathered, using appropriate formatting as determined by
- Maintain and update appropriate case file records (chronology)
- Establish effective working relationships with coworkers, clients and/ or the public by serving as a resource to educate and train others regarding Civil Rights Laws and the work of the
The Program Coordinator should have the following qualifications.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply the Indiana Civil Rights Law, Commission rules and regulations, court decisions falling within the area of Civil
- Specialized knowledge of the principles, practices, and the past and current trends of Civil Rights Field on a state and national
- Ability to secure and analyze data and testimony relevant to all areas covered by the Indiana Civil Rights law including employment, credit, public accommodation, and
- Ability to make recommendations to the director regarding
- Ability to understand legal concepts and to relate prior decisions to specific
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree required
Today, Knowledge Services is the largest government MSP provider in the nation with twelve state accounts and counting. With a diverse and growing team, seven office locations across the country, and a focus on mobile capabilities, Knowledge Services is poised to help organizations serve the modern citizen through cost-effective solutions that put people first.
Why Work Here?By utilizing technology, Knowledge Services has been expanding the reach of professional organizations since 1994. A certified woman-owned business enterprise (WBE), Knowledge Services was started by Julie Bielawski as a computer training facility that partnered with big names like Oracle and Microsoft to provide on-the-job instruction. When the growing need for temporary IT staffing became apparent, Knowledge Services began exploring vendor management, prompting the development of the solutions they use today to serve both the public and private sectors. Today, Knowledge Services is the largest government MSP provider in the nation with twelve state accounts and counting. With a diverse and growing team, seven office locations across the country, and a focus on mobile capabilities, Knowledge Services is poised to help organizations serve the modern citizen through cost-effective solutions that put people first.
As a Knowledge Services team member, you will experience first-hand our exceptional culture, great benefits and laid back environment!