Knowledge Services is actively seeking a Business Analyst candidate for a contract role with the State of Indiana Dept of Health. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN and is currently working remote. This role will require onsite once the shutdown is lifted.
We are currently looking for a contractor to help support with our COVID-19 related activities. This contract position will assist with onboarding of providers to help with electronic reporting to the State Immunization Registry. The person will be involved in end to end process with onboarding of new providers and as well helping existing providers with issues regarding electronic reporting and data quality. Person should be able to get a good understanding of Children and Hoosier Immunization Registry Program (CHIRP), HL-7 messaging, and other related applications that immunization team is using. This person should also be able to articulate and define system scopes and objectives by analyzing user needs, business systems, and immunization team’s requirements.
Business Analyst will be performing the below responsibilities:
- Follow the onboarding SOP to help on-board new providers and help resolve electronic reporting issues with existing providers
- Debug issues relating to electronic reporting by examining HL-7 messages and querying the database using SQL
- Provide expert guidance related to onboarding to help enhance existing processes and procedures
- Work with the IT team to address electronic data transmission issues. Use PHC-Hub and IQ effectively to create reports to notify providers, and EMR vendors for data errors.
- Test upcoming system patches, identify issues and provide testing results to make a decision to go ahead with the patch.
- Work with the IT and Immunization team to identify and address data quality issues in relation to data completeness, timeliness and accuracy
- Follow-up with IT and program teams on getting issues addressed and help with increasing the overall data reporting timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Track all tickets and follow-up with a vendor and IT team and make sure the tickets are taken care by the vendor in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the delivery of technical business solutions to program area or users.
- Function as a backup resource to the Meaningful coordinator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Business Analyst will have the below qualifications:
- 8+ years, full-time professional work experience in an Information Technology environment.
- Experience with HL7 messaging standards.
- Experience writing SQL queries to work on data quality issues and other support required for the applications.
- Solid experience as a business analyst in information technology with project tools and best practices.
- Experience with writing test scripts, performing, and supporting user acceptance testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and capacity to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with internal and external customers, and vendors.
- Excellent communication, organizational, research & analysis, and writing skills.
- Ability to foster a collaborative and transparent working environment, forging meaningful and positive working relationships that drive a strong peer culture.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking initiative with minimal direction to creatively solve problems.
- Strong desire to be a key player in the overall software development and application delivery strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting and negotiating with all stakeholders including internal, external and vendors.
- Prior experience with EMR systems related to HL-7 messaging is a plus
- Prior experience with healthcare industry and health informatics is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields with IT experience.
Today, Knowledge Services is the largest government MSP provider in the nation with twelve state accounts and counting. With a diverse and growing team, seven office locations across the country, and a focus on mobile capabilities, Knowledge Services is poised to help organizations serve the modern citizen through cost-effective solutions that put people first.
Why Work Here?By utilizing technology, Knowledge Services has been expanding the reach of professional organizations since 1994. A certified woman-owned business enterprise (WBE), Knowledge Services was started by Julie Bielawski as a computer training facility that partnered with big names like Oracle and Microsoft to provide on-the-job instruction. When the growing need for temporary IT staffing became apparent, Knowledge Services began exploring vendor management, prompting the development of the solutions they use today to serve both the public and private sectors. Today, Knowledge Services is the largest government MSP provider in the nation with twelve state accounts and counting. With a diverse and growing team, seven office locations across the country, and a focus on mobile capabilities, Knowledge Services is poised to help organizations serve the modern citizen through cost-effective solutions that put people first.
As a Knowledge Services team member, you will experience first-hand our exceptional culture, great benefits and laid back environment!