Office Management Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Knowledge Management, Inc. (KMI), a small business founded in 1998, provides world-wide mission critical services to the US Federal government. Our services include:
Enterprise Information Technology ; Logistics ; Education ; Program Management
Title: Office Management Specialist
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid 2 days onsite, 3 days remote)
Duration: 5+ years
Start date: ASAP
Clearance: Active Secret
Salary: Please let us know your salary requirement
Specific Tasks and Deliverables:
The BEX Office Management Specialist reports to the BEX Deputy Staff Director. S/he performs a wide variety of office management and other administrative duties in support of BEX's 40+-person staff.
- Manage phone calls, visitors and initial paper flow into the office;
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate accurate and up-to-date tracking mechanisms to ensure that BEX meets external and internal deadlines for taskings and clearances;
- Collect and accurately submit time and attendance for direct-hire staff and seasonal retiree staff;
- Requisition BEX expendable office supplies and office equipment. Manage BEX's inventory of supplies and equipment, including maintenance of large equipment (copiers, printers, etc.);
- Perform office automation duties using various software applications to request supplies and services, and assist in the management of the annual performance review process;
- Request SA-22 suite 3300 and 3400 badge access, as well as access to the Department's computer system. Assist with troubleshooting office equipment problems, requesting outside assistance as necessary;
- Manage building access for full-time BEX personnel via a centralized internet-based system;
- Manage calendars for 3rd floor shared board room, and BEX's internal team rooms;
- Type and edit letters, memoranda, reports and other materials as directed using Microsoft Office applications;
- Manage BEX's SharePoint site, and maintain BEX policy and other assessment-related documents on SharePoint;
- Update and maintain tracking spreadsheets such as the office phone list, distribution lists, staffing pattern and organizational charts;
- Assist newcomers to the office with getting appropriate computer, telephone and other services set up;
- Coordinate with SA-22 building management and HR/EX on facilities issues;
- Act as Unit Security Officer;
- Respond to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests;
- Occasionally schedule appointments for Staff Director and Deputy Staff Director;
- As needed, participate in special and/or ad-hoc projects of a widely diverse administrative nature as directed by the BEX Staff Director and Deputy Staff Director.
The contractor shall provide human resource and administrative support for this effort by individual(s) who meet the following personnel qualifications:
*At least three (3) years of experience in executive secretarial/administrative or office management positions with the Department of State
*Outstanding editing and note taking skills;
*Previous experience with timekeeping & WebTatel is a plus
*Previous experience with Webex is a plus
*Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with excellent customer service;
*Experience adapting and responding to differing instructions and programs;
*Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimum supervision
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (fully vaccinated) as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations based on medical proof or religious beliefs will be considered.
E-Verify Statement. Knowledge Management, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, KMI is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision. Knowledge Management, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Disability Statement. Knowledge Management aims to be a supportive workplace in all aspects of diversity, including accommodating those with additional needs. If you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation or assistance at any point in the application or onboarding process, please email us at email@example.com.
Knowledge Management, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Knowledge Management, Inc.