- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Knowledge Architect (KA), we specialize in customized learning technologies for transit agencies. For 20 years, KA has led the industry in workforce performance innovation. We provide services to frontline workforces and training teams to identify and solve core maintenance and operational challenges. The result of our ongoing collaborative partnerships is a set of proven solutions that prepare frontline workers for safe operation, and maintenance of highly complex transit equipment and systems.
*This is a remote position; however, this role will require travel to client locations for major project milestone events, meetings, or implementations. Preferred candidates who reside in the Atlanta location area.
Knowledge Architect is seeking a Project Manager (PM) with a strong foundation in the transit industry. The transit market sector at KA is a broad practice that spans a variety of project types for light rail, bus, metro, subway, and heavy rail. The Project Manager is a hands-on position. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple projects and activities within the organization. The Project Manager creates project plans and tracks and drives progress toward the delivery objectives and ensures that delivery best practices are employed.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree with 7+ years or progressively responsible program and/or project management experience, knowledge of rail/transit systems, and executing rail/transit projects. The incumbent will actively engage in project planning, project financials, issue management, team leadership, adherence to schedules, customer management, and related activities to drive results and overall client satisfaction.
Effective communication and facilitation skills at all levels of leadership are also required.
- Assume ownership and manage assigned projects (including planning, directing, monitoring, and controlling) from concept through execution
- Organize project activities into manageable work efforts for team members, and determine an effective approach to completing the work, as outlined in project plans
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work efforts with the team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of the agreed-to schedule
- Assist in developing strategic documents such as Policy and Procedure plans, and detailed project plans, and present project updates to clients and management
- Manage and communicate a clear project scope and motivate team members
- Work with multiple teams, customers, and management to prioritize requirements
- Manage customer expectations and communicate with other groups as needed
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and cross-project dependencies
- Monitor and report on project activities and reporting on statuses within published timelines
- Coach team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables
- Identify, prepare, and/or ensure completion of high quality, professional deliverables as required by each project plan
- Performs other related duties as assigned
· BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or related field of study is required
· A minimum of 7 years Project Management experience or progressively responsible managerial experience is required
· Familiarity and experience with the transit industry, transit design specifications, and requirements or a similar focused business area is required
· PMP designation and/or Agile Scrum Master Certification is preferred
· At least 3-5 years of experience developing, managing, and implementing multi-disciplinary project deliverables with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to identify the requirements of the project, analyze and develop expert opinion and form conclusions consistent with project risks and the client expectations is necessary
· Intermediate level or higher proficiency with MS Project, Power BI, and MS Office Suite (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
· Strong advocate of quality assurance and control processes
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
· Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
· Demonstrated experience of collaboration in diverse and inclusive team, working toward learning technology excellence is preferred
Knowledge Architects, LLC
3365 Piedmont Rd NEAtlanta, GA
Get fresh Transit Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.