Knowesis is seeking a Web Designer (Senior) to support the Armed Services Blood Program.
The Armed Services Blood Program (ASBP) (ASBPO and the Service Blood Program Offices of the Army, Navy, and Air Force) has a proud history of providing quality blood products for service members, veterans, and their families in both peace and war. Since its inception more than 60 years ago, the ASBP has collected over 5 million units of blood to support the United States (U.S.) Military and its’ allies. Blood collected from active duty military personnel, DoD civilian employees, military veterans/ retirees and military family members have saved the lives of countless injured or ill military community members. Our nation’s military has come to depend on the ASBP to provide a sustained, secure and safe blood supply across the country and around the world at all times.
The ASBPO has transformed its operations, both through data-driven management decisions and increased staffing throughout the program with central funding. The success realized by the program has been and will be primarily accomplished by augmenting the ASBPO staff with experts in business processes, data analysis, information technology support, marketing, and strategic communication support. This Business Enterprise Architecture, bolstered by established artifacts (System Views, Operational Views, and All Views), has enabled ASBPO to transform into a net-centric, business-focused, highly efficient and effective, service-oriented organization. ASBPO business processes, information flows, data requirements, applications, technical infrastructure and security services and standards have been clearly defined through an effective performance measure program.
The Web Designer (Senior) designs and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools. Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements. Contributes to the design group's efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization's online offerings. Designs the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications.
Overall Objectives Include:
- To sustain DOD blood collections and, when necessary, increase collections
- To help develop and support an Armed Services Blood Program Office through strategic and tactical goals and leadership-driven projects, data-driven decisions to meet the military peacetime and continuing operational blood needs in a timely, efficient, cost-effective, and regulatory compliant manner
- To support a strategic communications plan to reach all stakeholders with a focus on U.S. Armed Services blood program operations, successes and advancements globally using traditional and innovative stakeholder targeted communication and marketing outreach
- To produce stakeholder messages and materials in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, print and electronic formats, which are credible, appropriate, and appealing to the defined target audience
- To support the Armed Services Blood Program through management and sustainment of Web Services
Bachelor's degree in software engineering, information management or information technology field, as well as having obtained professional certifications in one or more of the following: CAD, Web development, or Web design. Any required certification must be current under the performance of this contract.
CAD, Web development, or Web design.
Web Designer (Senior) shall have minimum of four (4) years of experience with website analysis, working with DoD military and civilian customers involved with healthcare or clinical systems and current global health engagement (GHE) projects or activities (i.e., HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease Surveillance, or Blood Systems data collection & analysis).
- Ability to design and build web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools
- Ability to design and develop user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements
- Ability to contribute to the design group's efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization's online offerings
- Ability to design a website(s) to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications
- Ability to collect web data and statistics and make recommendations to improve the website and reduce return rates
- Ability to analyze data and provide weekly and monthly reports to management
- Ability to administer and maintain web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, SQL Tables, lead and direct the web design of others
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access database builds, SQL database design and data manipulation preferred
Client support will include the client’s site in the Defense Health Headquarters in Fairfax county VA or at Knowesis offices in Fairfax, VA.
Public Trust Required