- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Knit-Rite and Thuasne USA are well established manufacturers of medical devices for the orthopedic, prosthetic, orthotic, diabetic and medical compression markets both in the US and worldwide. As divisions of the Thuasne Group of France, a 175-year-old family owned business, we produce products daily that help improve the quality of people’s lives all over the world. Watch these videos to learn more about Knit-Rite and its culture, and to learn more about Thuasne, their rich history and the depth of products produced and sold daily around the world!
Knit-Rite has an immediate opening in Kansas City, KS for a Maintenance Manager! Knit-Rite is growing and our Maintenance Manager will be an essential partner to support our strategic plans and our people!
What You’ll Get To Do
Our Maintenance Manager will be responsible for all building, grounds, and equipment maintenance, which includes preventative maintenance and coordinating with external suppliers to ensure the facility and equipment operate efficiently! Our Maintenance Manager will also be responsible for leading our Maintenance Team by providing them guidance, training, and support as well as working along with key managers on production priorities.
- Assigns & directs maintenance personnel, as required, to keep knitting machines, washers, dryers, sewing machines and all plant, HVAC and warehouse equipment running and maintained
- Identifies difficult maintenance issues and resolves appropriately, including working directly on such equipment and providing training to maintenance staff to trouble shoot and resolve issues in the future
- Able to run all Circular and Flatbed knitting equipment
- Communicates with Managers, Leads and Operators regarding any issues, priorities & status
- Trains new maintenance personnel to a training plan consistent with the abilities and job function of such individuals
- Review machine performance, including down time, maintenance tickets, parts outlay and efficiency to ensure machines are repaired correctly or dispositioned to run appropriate product or taken out of service
- Orders parts for all building and maintenance repairs
- Monitors & maintains the Preventative Maintenance schedule & software, while assigning tasks for completion to maintenance personnel, including daily maintenance, monthly maintenance and yearly maintenance
- Supervises and provides direction and leadership to maintenance employees, while handling personnel issues directly & discussing with the Director of Manufacturing and with Human Resources
- Directly involved in the interview process, review process and timely feedback of maintenance personnel
- Actively participates in Production meetings, Quality meetings and Lean initiatives, & coordinates appropriate staff to support Lean efforts
- All other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- High School or equivalent required
- 5+ years experience, with specific training in supervisory or management
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics & drawing renderings to troubleshoot issues
- Forklift certified operator, preferred
- 10 hour OSHA certified
- Knowledge of boilers and pressure vessels
- Mechanical aptitude including HVAC & hydraulics
- Ability to work on weekends and off-shifts, as required, to maintain critical systems
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation package
- Excellent Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Competitive Benefits that include medical, dental, & vision insurances
- 401K with company match
- Convenient Metro Location
- Family Atmosphere
- Paid Time Off Program
- Volunteer Program
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align exactly with every single qualification listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Drug-free work environment
Knit-Rite, LLC and affiliates participate in E-Verify
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Knit-Rite, LLC and its affiliates. Knit-Rite, LLC and affiliates will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity.
Powered by JazzHR
Knit Rite/Thuasne USA
AddressKansas City, KS
Get fresh Manufacturing Maintenance Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.