The Mixer Truck Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently operating a concrete truck in a rural or urban setting to deliver and discharge concrete product to customers as dispatched.
- Safely operate a mixer truck to haul loads of concrete to customer job sites as dispatched within the timeframe allotted.
- Follow safe discharge procedures, to include the safe operation of chutes.
- Provide each concrete load with the proper amount of water to endure the specified slump is accurate on each job.
- Present a professional, customer-service oriented attitude and display respect to customers at all times.
- Load and unload cargo while following company/job site policies and procedures.
- Properly clean drum following each
- Properly track and document activity log, trip tickets, and other paperwork as required.
- Report any truck and/or route issues or incidents to dispatch.
- Inspect truck before and after trip.
- Communicate with dispatch and other drivers using proper two-way radio procedures and etiquette.
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Follow company-assigned safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Attend company-provided and/or company-sponsored training classes as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class-A or B CDL with a minimum of 5 years' professional driving experience.
- Current DOT Physical.
- Clean driving record.
- Prior experience operating a mixer truck preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of concrete mixes and slump, or the ability to learn and comprehend concrete mixes and slump.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work a variable-hour schedule.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull maximum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods, stand, walk, type, carry, kneel, ascend and descend stairs, and bend.
- Ability to work primarily indoors with occasional work outdoors in multiple types of weather / environmental conditions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro