Knight's Companies is seeking experienced Diesel Technician II for our Columbia shop to perform repairs and periodic maintenance on our fleet and equipment. Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, brakes and tires. Experience in CAT, Cummins and Detroit Diesel engines a plus. Valid driver's license required.
- Change and repair tires per manufacturer specifications.
- Perform oil and filter services on automobiles, concrete trucks, tractor trailers, front end loaders, and various types of equipment.
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level electrical issues of equipment lights, switches, etc. on affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level mechanical issues on affected trucks and equipment.
- Test power and hydraulic systems to ensure operation per manufacturer specifications.
- Complete required lubrication and greasing of all wear items on affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair wheel bearings, hub assemblies, and seals on steer and drive axles.
- Remove and repair universal and slip joints, and support bearings on drive shafts.
- Diagnose and repair air and hydraulic brake systems and pressurized water systems.
- Assist Diesel Technicians III with more advanced repairs.
- Use pressure washer to maintain cleanliness of the equipment.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Follow repair order directions.
- Complete write up and provide accurate description or repairs made and parts utilized in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Shop Foreman to maintain positive work flow throughout the Shop.
- Provide guidance and assistance to level I Diesel Technicians when needed.
- Follow company-assigned safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school preferred OR
- Minimum of 4 years' experience performing maintenance or mechanical ability.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Commercial Driver's License Class A or B preferred.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiarity with the process.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
- Annual Boot Reimbursement
Drug free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro