At Knight Piésold, we believe in the one-team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. There are no barriers, and no one works in isolation. You will get to build on your talents through our knowledge-sharing culture, working across borders and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
We value each employee and recognize their contribution to overall success of the company. We offer competitive compensation in order to retain the best employees and are committed to further reward employees who consistently perform at a high level.
In addition, we also offer comprehensive benefits programs, social events, and stimulating work. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding work environment where you can excel, Knight Piésold has it all.
We have an opening for an experienced Mechanical Engineer in our Denver, Colorado office.
Researches, plans, and designs power mechanical and electromechanical components and systems, and coordinates activities involved in procurement, fabrication, installation, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical components and systems. Supports project control activities for project teams by estimating and forecasting costs, schedules, and labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Researches and analyzes data and equipment manufacture information.
- Assists or prepares client proposals.
- Assists or leads the development of Concept and Feasibility Studies.
- Assists or performs quantity takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Prepares design criteria and detailed technical specifications.
- Develops and/or supervises the preparation of physical drawings, piping drawings, P&IDs, and other mechanical design drawings.
- Develops Commissioning Procedures, Operating instructions and Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Plans and directs QA/QC personnel during equipment manufacturing and installation, and development of methods and procedures for testing.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Controls - Develops project estimates and forecasts related costs and schedules; coordinates information between departments, including engineering, accounting and clients; provides reports on project performance and progress; analyzes project cost and schedule problems and recommends corrective actions; communicates changes and progress.
Technical Ability: Ability to study, conceptualize, determine feasibility, develop criteria; design, specification and trouble shoot equipment & systems; and repair and analyze mechanical systems. Knowledge of mechanics and its applications to the hydraulics (pumping), and hydropower engineering design principles and methodologies.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in mechanical engineering with 5 to 8 years related experience in mechanical engineering as it applies to hydraulics, hydroelectric, pipes and pump systems.
Language Ability: Second language proficiency desirable.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge of AutoCAD and latest mechanical design software and hydraulics modeling is preferred. Hands-on working knowledge of scheduling, costing and budgeting software and project management reporting.
Certificates and Licenses: P.E. or EIT working towards PE registration in mechanical engineering
Work Environment - Work will be in both an office and field environment with travel to various sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm and any local safety agencies is mandatory.