Location: Williston, ND
Responsible to safely operate asphalt equipment such as Paver, Screed, and/or Roller on highways and streets. Coordinates dumping of trucks.
- Acceptable interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years asphalt experience
- Mechanical skills to perform maintenance, light repair and assembly/disassembly for transporting equipment
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure and acceptable driving record. CDL preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance on roller, paver, and/or screed.
- Safely and properly operate roller, paver, and/or screed
- Shovel black top as needed
- Assist laborers, operators, and/or truck dumping
- Travel required
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Assist in loading and unloading equipment for transport, including load securement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.