Job Location: Williston, North Dakota
Job Summary:To bid and support company established revenue goals by leading cost estimates in order to achieve lowest bid and highest price that the market will allow.
- 2-4 year degree preferred in construction management or engineering from an accredited college or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years estimating experience (Strong technical and/or quantity surveying ability considered)
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame
- Perform complete review of contract documents for designated project estimates
- Develop and execute project specific bid strategy
- Consistently deliver accurate and timely estimates
- Follow up with subcontractors and material suppliers post bid as necessary
- Attend pre-bid meetings, post construction meetings, seminars and training programs as needed
- Develop and maintain effective communications with all customers and suppliers.
- Reviews status report and prepares project reports.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Meet with subcontractors
- Prepare bid documents
- Monitor upcoming work
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to expedite the onboarding process, please apply online at www.kniferiver.com.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Knife River is a Top 10 aggregate producer in the United States and is one of only three companies on that list to be American-owned and operated. We are committed to our values and proud of our American heritage.