Landscape Project Designer
Knickerbocker Group is seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a full-time Landscape Project Designer. This individual will develop design solutions using CAD and Sketchup. They oversee the work of other team designers and may serve as the design lead on assigned projects. When serving as the design lead, they are responsible for the project schedule, budget and code requirements.
Our landscape team is a new department within KG's architecture/interiors design practice.Individuals joining the team will have a unique opportunity to work in tandem with the team's two lead designers on a daily basis as well as be a part of acollaborative design atmosphere with the other design departments. This is not a position which will be confined to a computer screen. Time will be spent on job sites and in team and client meetings providing opportunities for real time learning in the field. Individual must have great interpersonal and time management skills as well as the ability to shift quickly from one task to another. This will be a vibrant, stimulating experience with great opportunities for rapid advancement within the department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Complete CAD drafting of technical drawings and construction documents following Knickerbocker Group Revit/ AutoCad / Sketchup / Photoshop/Procure and other program standards and drafting protocols. Continue to increase proficiency with these required programs over time.
- Complete landscape architectural design, detailing and redlines under the guidance and supervision of the project's Lead Landscape Architect.
- Use creative skills, imagination, and artistic talent to challenge each design.
- Translate client goals and desires into functional design plans, collaborating with design team and clientele to develop ideas and produce presentation renderings and finish boards. Design graphics support will include hand drawings as well as computer aided drawings.
- Ensure design work is completed on time and adheres to established specifications, standards, and schedules.
- Visit job sites as needed.
- Gather as-built measurements and take photographs as requested.
- Maintain an open items list and design schedule of all current projects for review at weekly project meetings.
- When serving as design lead on projects, supervise project team members by performing the following tasks:
- Administer tasks and ensure they are done properly and on time.
- Coach new project team members by giving constructive feedback.
- Act as the first point of contact for project related problems/ concerns.
- Provide input for annual employee performance reviews as requested.
- Collaborate and consult with architects, interior designers, construction managers and field crews, as required to support the design, estimating and construction efforts.
- Assist the Practice Leader in preparing design agreements and subconsultant contracts.
- Assist with sales and marketing efforts, including meeting with new potential clients, preparing proposals and design estimates, and negotiating agreements and contracts.
The ideal candidate should:
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- have strong organizational and time management skills.
- be able to prioritize & multi-task in an ever-changing environment with an upbeat attitude.
- be able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding company and client information.
- be self-motivated; work well under pressure; be able to work with minimal instruction for routine tasks.
- be able to think quickly on your feet, anticipate needs and be resourceful and proactive in resolving issues.
- be flexible and able to work with people from all levels of the organization.
Required education, experience, and technical knowledge:
- Undergraduate degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Must be competent in reading and interpreting construction drawings, sketches, shop drawings, specifications and product data.
- Technology Proficiency
- Microsoft Office Suite required
- Adobe Creative Suite required
- Sketchup required
- AutoCAD required
- Revit preferred
- Vectorworks preferred
As a 100% employee-owned company, we strive for balance. We value spending time with our families, being active in our communities, and celebrating all Maine has to offer.Knickerbocker Group has repeatedly been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Maine and as both Best Architect and Best Builder in Maine by Down East magazine. We like to work hard and play hard too. If you're excited to join a team of amazing people who work together on top tier residential and commercial projects, you've come to the right place!
ABOUT KNICKERBOCKER GROUP
Knickerbocker Group is a 100% employee-owned (ESOP), award-winning design-build firm offering architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, construction management, woodworking, property management services, and real estate and land use planning for residential buildings and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, we are a group of inspired collaborators committed to craft and creativity, from design to implementation in the field. Our work is renowned for its rooted-in-Maine quality and recognized nationally. Our employee-owners are fueled by continuous learning, interdisciplinary brainstorming (e.g., designer+mason+carpenter), and passion for fine-tuning the design-build process. With 45 years of experience, we seamlessly provide the highest level of product and service to our clients. We offer workplace flexibility while also maintaining a fun, dynamic environment where team members are enabled to listen, share, detail, innovate, and create impactful work.
Knickerbocker Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this position, please fill out an application on our job board.
Knickerbocker Group IncBoothbay, ME
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.