Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
Responsible for controlling all operations within department on assigned shift. Focuses primarily on safely producing high quality products in line with established production standards. Responsible for leading and coaching a team of 20-25 employees. Handles multiple tasks under limited supervision. Must be comfortable taking responsibility for key projects in the plant and making decisions that will impact the company. This is a great opportunity to be recognized for hard work and achievements made.
This individual will work a rotating schedule from 7-7, days and nights. The schedule rotates 13 times per year. The schedule starts with four day shifts, then two days off, three night shifts, then two days off, three day shifts then two days off and finally four night shifts. At the end of each rotation, the individual will have eight consecutive days off, meaning eight consecutive days off, 13 times a year. In addition, this individual will be eligible for anniversary pay in lieu of vacation after the first year of employment. We also offer a competitive benefits package, which is available on the first day of employment. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team that insists on quality, commitment and professional development.
In terms of location, Shasta Lake is a beautiful town just ten miles north of Redding, CA and 170 miles (2.5 hours) north of Sacramento. Shasta Lake is popular for boating, swimming, water skiing, camping, house boating and fishing. The city has many park facilities for almost any type of event, and there are numerous trails and recreation opportunities. Shasta Lake has a great small-town vibe and boasts many community events year-round. There’s very little traffic, it’s clean and it’s a rather affordable town in which to live.
Our Shasta Lake facility is a highly efficient, 500,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art, automated fiberglass manufacturing facility located on 100 acres in Shasta County. Established in 2002, this Plant produces batt, roll, and loose-fill fiberglass insulation that contains no dyes and is made with 65% post-consumer recycled glass. In 2009 we fully converted to Ecose®, our revolutionary technology that replaced the phenol formaldehydes with a sustainable, low-emitting binder based on corn sugars. Our EcoBatt products are certified by UL Environment for indoor air quality as low emitting products and have achieved the more stringent GREENGUARD Gold certification.
- Ensure safety of crew during shifts; direct efforts of all Production and QA employees per shift; document and communicate performance feedback to employees – both positive and constructive
- Review production schedule and make sure proper people are assigned to appropriate job tasks; address adjustments to schedule; communicate adjustments to others as needed; monitor operating performances of equipment – contact maintenance for needed repairs, adjustments or troubleshooting
- Prepare all necessary paperwork and record keeping for shift; communicate with the off-going shift before starting a new shift and with the on-coming shift at the end of shift
- Provide ongoing training and development for employees on crew
- Consistently and fairly administer CBA, procedures, policies and work instruction
- Verify all raw materials, labeling, equipment set up, tools, production orders, warehouse availability and labor are ready for the current and upcoming runs
- Monitor and follow environmental monitoring and reporting procedure within designated response times
- Manage all issues that arise with Facility Emergency Contingency Plan
- Work with crew and other departments to continuously improve processes, products and safety; reduce costs through innovation based on historical product data
- Troubleshoot high-level issues with Key Operators, Maintenance personnel or Management
- Communicate daily with crew regarding safety, current issues, corrective actions, future plans and past performance (KPI’s) through the high performance team (HPT) boards and meetings
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of mechanical processes
- Knowledge of 5S preferred
- Skilled at supervising and coaching in a manufacturing environment
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyze information and make recommendations that will positively impact the plant/company
- Ability to lead and mentor a high-performing team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple processes through multi-tasking
- Ability to make unpopular decisions and gain the team's buy-in
- Ability to learn SAP system
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Union
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) across all levels of the organization
- Computer skills in a MS Windows Environment; proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Self-driven and goal-oriented
- Desire to learn and continue to develop in various areas throughout the plant
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
- Forklift and Clamp truck
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend at waste and knees and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly required to climb/descend stairs and ladders
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds
- Exposed to a fast-paced environment
- May be exposed to extreme temperature changes
- Regularly exposed to dusty conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high