For more than80 years Silvercote has partnered with customers in the metal building industryand the agricultural sector to provide innovative custom insulation solutions. Silvercote is a made to order business thatproduces insulation products and system. It is based in Greenville, SouthCarolina. Silvercote is a privately heldcompany that has eleven production locations and employs over 130 employeesacross North America.
As part ofthe Knauf Insulation family of companies, Silvercote has access to the latesttechnology in producing insulation products, offers career developmentopportunities, solid benefits and a culture focused on delivering for thecustomer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Manager, Logistics and Transportation is responsible for establishing freight and transportation strategies. This role manages carrier and on site 3PM relationships. A key deliverable is to identify and execute freight recovery and reduction strategies.
· Identify and execute freight reduction and recovery initiatives without compromising customer service expectations
· Leads carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation across North America
· This position is tasked with ensuring the finished product arrives at the customer's location on time, under budget and intact
· Partners with key cross-functional partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation.
· Review the company's logistics operations and business practices, update and develop process documentation, streamline opportunities, and eliminate cost
· Build partnerships, metrics, negotiate and manage carrier relations
· Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solutions for order delivery.
· Works in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
· Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations
· Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities and resolve issues
· Develop and manage the logistics operations budget and all related fiscal forecasting and planning activities.
· Drive and facilitate activities that improve coordination and communication within the logistics department and other departments throughout the corporation (e.g. Client Services, Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, OPD, IT).
· Oversee and ensure all logistics-related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations (DOT, HIPAA).
· Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
· Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Strong knowledge of inventory processes and procedures
- Previous experience and knowledge of scheduling - (Canada base, import/export)
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be able to organize team activities.
- Should have excellent organizational skills, previous budget-planning and reconciling skills, and the ability to problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Strong skills in MS Office - Word and Excel
- Attention to details, ability to work at a fast pace and multitask
· Associates or Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 5+ years work experience in similar role, distribution or manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Environmental and Hazmat background
- Hazcom / DOT training is required
- Must possess solid organizational skills
- Must be self directed and goal driven