Position Responsibilities/Major Duties:
· Serve as a key contributor to the discovery and development of de novo antibody therapeutics.
· Set experiments priorities in alignment with company goals and manage projects to meet timelines.
· Collaborate with colleagues in other research units, such as antibody discovery and antibody engineering, to achieve project goals.
· Design, develop, and perform biochemical and cell-based assays to identify and characterize potential therapeutic antibody candidates for binding, function and kinetics at multiple stages of their development.
· Optimize protocols and propose solutions to improve efficiency of existing processes. Evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays to improve in-house platforms.
· Analyzing experimental data, summarize the results, and review conclusions with team, is responsible for notebook documentation to ensure experimental methods and results recorded timely, write work-related SOP. Contribute to authorship of technical reports for patent applications and scientific publications
· Actively participate in internal and external scientific meetings by presenting and critically evaluating the science and contributing to projects.
- Based on unmet medical needs, propose/identify and carry out research on novel targets;
· Prioritize tasks and contribute to a highly motivated and productive research department with a sense of urgency and desire to meet project timelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD or MS in immunology, cell biology or related field.
- Minimum of PhD with 4 years, MS with 9+ years of post-degree research or industrial experience in biological drug discovery (especially therapeutic antibodies).
· Expertise in T cell and other immune cell biology. Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking as evidenced by the publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Must have hands on in-depth experience in antibody identification and characterization from discovery to lead optimization.
· Expertise in running and validation of cell surface protein binding assays, ADCC, CDC, internalization by FACS and other cell based assays.
· Experience in oncology experience is highly desirable.
· Hard working, self-motivated with a strong collaborative spirit, has strong desire to build/advance a successful career in antibody drug discovery. Strong desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment is essential.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of currently assigned research methods, keep up-to-date with relevant scientific literature and apply toward new solutions
· Ability to plan and manage work with minimal or no supervision. Ability to work multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines
· Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making and attention to details skills. Independently conducts complex experiments within a project scope, exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtain optimum solutions. Troubleshoots non-routine methods and recommends systems, processes, or changes within project scope to meet objectives. Proactively seeks help on issue. Recognizes problems and considers the significance of irregularities. Proven track record of problem solving and the ability to pick up new technical skills.
· Work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstration of scientific and people leadership skills. Independently provides work group with technical guidance and problem resolution related to methods, procedures and processes
· Outstanding oral and written communication as well as strong interpersonal skills is required.
· Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint, FlowJo, Graphpad Prism.
· Strong background in immunology is required.
· Expertise in understanding and assessing immunoassays and cell based functional assays (using primary cells, tumor cell line and function reporter cell system) for antibody in vitro identification and characterization based on MOA (proliferation, cytotoxicity, inhibition/activation).
· Experience in flow cytometry, immune-fluorescence, protein/cell-based ELISA is required.
· Experience in antibodies and recombinant proteins expression and purification is highly desired.
· Knowledge of principles of antibody engineering and antibody generation through hybridoma, B cell cloning or phage display platform is a highly desired.
- Working experience with molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning of antibody V genes, recombinant plasmid construction for protein expression, and transfection of mammalian cells is highly desired.
· Knowledge of pharmacology and animal model experience is a plus.
· Supervisory skills and experience in managing junior scientists is a plus.
Our platforms for antibody discovery, including hybridoma technology and phage display, create promising ways to expedite the movement of high-quality biologic drugs from bench to market. We work closely with professionals in the fields of immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases to identify and assess multiple drug targets. Currently, over 10 therapeutic antibodies are in preclinical/clinical development.
Klus PharmaKLUS Pharma has been committed to the discovery and expansion of novel therapeutics for various diseases since it was founded in 2014. We focus on developing novel biologics, including monoclonal antibodies, multi-specific antibodies, and antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) for the treatment of cancer as well as cardiovascular disease and other severe diseases. Our platforms for antibody discovery, including hybridoma technology and phage display, create promising ways to expedite the movement of high-quality biologic drugs from bench to market. We work closely with professionals in the fields of immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases to identify and assess multiple drug targets. Currently, over 10 therapeutic antibodies are in preclinical/clinical development.