Klover Contracting is a commercial carpentry company founded in 1991. We exist to reinvent the way construction is done. Our mission is uncommon and requires trade professionals with uncommon capabilities. We offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry because extraordinary associates deserve extraordinary benefits. So if you have a burning desire for self-improvement, a willful embrace for change, and a natural capability for the skills required, please submit your application.
Typical duties for a Jr. Project Manager:
- Re-bid the Project: confirming scope, quantities, and overall bid.
- Establish Project Budget by assigning all Cost Codes used in the Project and assign values to the codes in Master Builder.
- Determine Scope of Work and complete Submittals.
- Buy Out Project by creating a Master Purchase Order and put the material out to bid.
- Develop Project Plan
- Mobilize by completing Site Re-Inspection to ensure readiness and arrange for Gang box, Tools & Equipment to get to site.
- Foreman Briefing
- Jobsite Visits.
- Taking ownership of project and worker safety.
- Quality Control.
- Manage all Customer relations including the PM/PM, PM/Superintendent, and the Foreman/Superintendent relationships.
- Daily Office Responsibilities by representing your Projects in Daily Manpower Scheduling and ensuring that the Daily Field Reports are completed.
- Project Document Management
- Create and maintain Project File.
- Anticipate and Document Areas of Potential Dispute by creating sufficient backup to cover us in the event of a dispute.
- Subcontractor Management.
- Manage the Customer in a way that we always meet or exceed the Customers’ expectations.
- Manage Project Budget.
- Accurately predict the final Gross Margin within 1% by the time the project is 40% complete.
- Demobilize by scheduling and monitoring material and equipment demobilization.
- Complete and deliver Contract closeout documents and attic stock if applicable.
- Conduct Project debrief meeting.
- Work with Upper Level Management on Special Projects as requested.
Required Experience and Qualifications
· 5-6 years of demonstrated broad based construction leadership and/or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
· Knowledge of estimating, construction contracts, and processes.
· Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills are essential.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
· Education in project management is helpful.
· Working knowledge of commercial carpentry is encouraged.