Experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Klinedinst PC has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for an Experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist in our San Diego office.
If you’re ready to take on a hands-on, collaborative role, this position is right for you. We are looking for a highly talented A/R Specialist who will work closely with a dynamic Chief Financial Officer and an exceptional accounting team. The position requires a thorough understanding of insurance and non-insurance client billing guidelines, eBilling protocols, and ensuring the firm’s compliance with the same.
At Klinedinst, we empower our staff and attorneys alike to maximize their performance and potential, serving clients and gaining meaningful opportunities for professional growth along the way.
CORE ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle Accounts Receivable Aging relevant to Insurance Covered cases, including collection calls and email;
- Research aging via e-billing websites and preferred client billing platforms;
- Process credit card payments via desktop software program;
- Answer general accounts receivable phone inquiries and obtain credit card payment information, as necessary;
- Respond to attorney and staff inquiries related to receivables; Manage originating timekeeper reports pertains to receivables;
- Monitor accounts receivable functions and reports updated payment status information related to past due accounts;
- Prepare periodic aged A/R reports for management;
- Research and reconcile client accounts, payments to ensure a prompt resolution;
- Identify and effectively summarize issues within Accounts Receivable, and develop an action plan for resolution;
- Assist in formulating specific collection objectives and achievement of same;
- Assist with related special projects, as required;
- Process refunds from general ledger account;
- Manage the write off and high risk collections charts; and
- Participate in monthly AR meetings.
SUPPORT ACCOUNTING TEAM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Prepare daily cash deposits;
- Enter cash receipts and update accounts receivable ledger by customer by using computerized accounting system and through bank website;
- Provide billing information to attorneys as requested (i.e. fees and costs & memo of costs);
- Assist with invoice forwards; and
- Keep record of 3rd party settlement checks received and disburse to attorneys.
- Three or more years of experience in Accounts Receivable and collections;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks effectively and work with minimal supervision with individuals at all levels of the firm;
- Windows platform knowledge to include advanced-level use of Excel and Word;
- Demonstrate proficiency in analytical and negotiating skills;
- Problem solving;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Knowledge of insurance litigation is a plus.
After an initial period of onboarding, this position is eligible for potential a remote working arrangement.
Recruiters need not apply.
Mission: To provide the highest quality legal services and advocacy to achieve our clients' goals. To be the best.
To grow a forward-focused firm where diverse, talented individuals handle sophisticated and challenging work, strive to reach their potential, and build successful careers. To create a positive, welcoming workplace that values and respects employees while providing growth opportunities for all.
To positively impact the legal, business, and personal communities in which we live and work.
KlinedinstWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, people, benefits and company culture.
Klinedinst is the go-to firm for clients looking for litigation, trial experience, transactional representation, and legal counsel. The firm was founded in 1983 by John D. Klinedinst in San Diego. Today, the firm’s offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, Irvine, and Seattle service domestic and international clients across the entire West Coast. What sets Klinedinst apart is the relationship members of our team foster with each and every client. Klinedinst serves as a strategic partner to business leaders, helping to achieve business objectives and create proactive solutions to resolve the many legal challenges that businesses are confronted with every day. Mission: To provide the highest quality legal services and advocacy to achieve our clients' goals. To be the best. To grow a forward-focused firm where diverse, talented individuals handle sophisticated and challenging work, strive to reach their potential, and build successful careers. To create a positive, welcoming workplace that values and respects employees while providing growth opportunities for all. To positively impact the legal, business, and personal communities in which we live and work.
501 West BroadwaySan Diego, CA
Finance and Insurance