Klein-Dickert Co., Inc. is seeking to bring on a new Shop Helper to join our team! This team member will oversee the shop activities and facilitate daily mobilization and servicing at site projects.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and productive shop located at our main office.
- Regularly update and manage inventory of materials, sundries, equipment, etc.
- Work with project managers and estimators to set up projects, mobilize and deliver, as well as service projects during their duration.
- Communicate with the field journeyman and foreman to ensure ongoing projects are maintained and proper levels of paint/drywall materials are onsite in a timely manner and ensure job sites are services with sufficient quantities of sundries, etc.
- Maintain and repair equipment including, sprayers, pumps, pressure washers, wall covering tables/equipment, ladders, and other misc. equipment. Equipment is expected to be in proper working condition at all times and must adhere to all safety requirements, etc.
- Make daily deliveries to and from job sites, including but not limited to paint pails, construction equipment, sprayers, ladders, scaffold, etc.
- Handle work orders, change tickets, and work authorizations.
- High School diploma as a minimum requirement.
- Valid Drivers license and up to date auto insurance.
- Driving record will be taken into account as regular company vehicle usage is a major job requirement.
- Daily hours with some flexibility of 6:45am to 3pm required. Daily/weekly schedules may shift based on project locations and project needs.
- Must be able bodied and in condition to manage strenuous activities including but not limited to: lifting and hauling full 5 gal. paint pails, moving sprayer equipment, ladders, scaffold, etc.
- Must be in condition to walk up and down flights of stairs to service projects as needed.
- Have a general understanding of construction plans and spec sheets.
- Have a general or specific understanding of commercial painting and/or finishing scopes of construction activities.
- Willingness to adapt, learn and work in a flexible environment with each day providing a variety of challenges and tasks.
- Usage of iPad software, smart phone capability and sim.