Sr. Project Architect - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sr. Project Architect plans, coordinates, directs and is responsible for managing awarded architecture projects as well as conducting research and creating budgets for potential projects ensuring that the clients and company goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed quality, time and budget parameters.
This position would be remote for normal duties, but would need to attend in person meeting & perform site visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in preparing proposals and presentations to clients. Maintains external relationships with clients, potential clients, consulting engineers and contractors.
- Plans, organizes/manages, leads and controls multiple architectural projects at the same time.
- Responsible for creating, monitoring and updating project budget and schedule including management of client agreements, agreement changes and project billing.
- Manages, directs coordination and monitors consultant services including management of consultant agreements, agreement changes and payments.
- Understands and coordinates code, environmental and safety requirements
- Prepares and/or directs all phases of project including document creation regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, constructability and construction administration.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project team
- Mentors or coaches staff including Arch. Dept. Coordinator, Job Captain and Architectural Project Manager positions.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision architectural documents.
- Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings / facilities.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government – Have a detailed knowledge and correct application of building codes and regulations governing construction.
- Computers and Electronics – Working knowledge of companies’ computer software, including Bluebeam, PCMX, Procore, Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles as applied to the practice of architecture in analysis and reporting of project financial data.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operations Analysis – Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others actions.
- Time Management – Manages a fair workload, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, meets commitments, and manages one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to comfortably and convincingly present information and articulately respond to non-scripted questions from clients and/or potential clients.
- Quality – Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvement opportunities, monitors quality levels, finds root causes and is accountable for problems.
Minimum Education and/or Experience, Certifications/Licenses required:
- Seven years or more of Architecture practice experience.
- California Architectural license
TechnologyView all jobs at Klassen Corporation