Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Operations
Pay: $120,000-$150,000 DOE
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Director of Operations position! Our company currently has over 15 locations in four different states, and we are looking for a great talent to join our team and help develop our business!
As Director of Operations, you’ll lead the success and growth of the business by effectively training, coaching, and developing a team of District Managers and their store teams. The Director of Operations is responsible for the team member experience and focused to deliver exceptional customer service and people development, through Kaizen and Lean coaching to enhance our company culture and guiding principles.
In addition, as we are a growth company, this role will require tremendous ability in working with all support center departments such as: Accounting, IT, HR, Marketing, Construction, Payroll, and Culinary Operations.
- Defining, implementing, and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Developing and executing new growth directives
- Working with the human resources department to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
- Working with the human resources department to develop and implement staff evaluation parameters
- Liaising with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide operational compliance
- Keeping track of the company’s revenue margins and conduct budget reviews to maximize profits
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis software packages
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) packages
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting
- First-class people skills
- 10+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g., supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g., ERP, CRM)
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
- Master’s degree in business administration required.
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants. We don’t discriminate against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Status: Full time, exempt
Get fresh Operations Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.