Kivvit is a strategic communications firm that specializes in managing public affairs, reputational, and issue management campaigns. O’Dwyers ranks Kivvit as one of the top 25 PR firms in the United States. Kivvit’s award-winning team of more than 80 professionals across our six offices is comprised of leaders from government, politics, journalism, advocacy and business.
Kivvit is seeking a Senior Associate with four to seven years of experience to play an integral role in large client teams and lead small client teams in tackling complex issues at the intersection of business and policy. The person in this role will work closely with office and firm leaders, playing a key role in servicing clients in the advocacy, higher ed, tech sectors and with corporate clients in other sectors, with a speciality in developing and executing strategies to generate media coverage for clients. Having prior agency, political, advocacy or campaign experience is a must, with curiosity about a wide array of issues critical character trait.
The Senior Associate position is an opportunity for a strategic, innovative and hard-working individual to join a culture that values creative ideas, professional growth and immersive, strategic solutions for its clients.
This position is based in Kivvit’s Washington, D.C. office.
As a Senior Associate at Kivvit you will:
- Manage client interaction and strategy implementation for a portfolio of clients
- Conduct media relations, including pitching reporters, crafting media pitches, and developing press kits
- Develop compelling content, such as website copy, social media posts, emails, stakeholder communications, presentations, memos, video scripts, letters to the editor, and op-eds
- Oversee market research projects, including: (1) creating and/or updating existing stakeholder, influencer and media lists by identifying new and relevant contacts, (2) media activity reports using in house monitoring tools, and (3) social media sentiment analysis reports
- Contribute to creative brainstorming
- Serve as a leader in developing and presenting new business proposals
The Senior Associate must be able to:
- Quickly understand and analyze complex client challenges
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of social/political/economic issues relevant to client work
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.) and show knowledge/interest in social media trends
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basics of digital advertising
- Collaborate with managers and designers to develop compelling content and creative products
- Manage timelines, budgets, vendors and personnel for a fast-paced office in highly organized and efficient fashion
- Communicate professionally – this role will include interfacing with clients, media and other external audiences
- Pitch media
- Have superior writing skills and verbal skills
- Manage Associates, trainees and vendors on large projects
- Distill critical data points and narratives through research
- Meet simultaneous deadlines, troubleshoot and manage multiple projects at once
Ideal applicants for the Senior Associate position will possess:
- 4-6 years of work experience related to media relations, communications, and/or digital and social media strategy
- Political campaign, Capitol Hill and/or agency experience
- Superior organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing, editing, research and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
Powered by JazzHR