Kivvit is seeking a Director of Digital Strategy to lead our firm’s national digital communications practice.
Kivvit was named Digital Agency of the Year by Provoke (formerly Holmes Report) in May 2020 and also ranked number 5 on PRovoke’s list of Best Agencies to Work For in North America. Digital strategy is embedded in every aspect of the services and products we deliver to our clients. Annually, Kivvit manages tens of million dollars in strategic digital campaigns for our clients, with digital spending continuing to increase. The Director of Digital Strategy will lead a national team that is a cornerstone of Kivvit’s continued growth.
The position requires your strategic vision and in-depth knowledge of digital and social media advertising, audience segmentation, campaign management, business development, and trends in online advocacy to strengthen Kivvit’s growing digital practice and further our clients’ goals — whether they’re in public affairs, policy, labor, nonprofit or corporate branding initiatives. This role calls for a leader who can build strong internal relationships, partner with client teams to deliver innovative and strategic solutions, provide concise summaries of our campaign metrics, and has an entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong team leadership. You need to thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment within a constantly changing industry, and you have the drive and results mindset to achieve goals that support your team, our growth strategy, and campaign objectives.
This role can be based in Chicago, New Jersey, New York, or Washington, D.C.
As Director of Digital Strategy, you will…
- Step into a leadership role overseeing the day-to-day work of the firm’s digital practice
- Directly manage a multi-office team of eight staffers as well as external partners and vendors
- Build strategic digital campaigns that are sophisticated, measurable, and actionable
- Standardize processes and templates for reporting and deliverables
- Collaborate with colleagues across offices in proposal development and client execution
- Support the digital team in delivering innovative, creative work to clients by advising on:
- Designing strategies to move our targets and advance our client outcomes
- Current tactics in audience segmentation
- Data analysis to drive online advertising strategy
- Driving audience engagement across social media, online/digital, video, email, web, and mobile platforms
- Develop easy-to-use models, processes, and tools to be used in business development
- Identify new revenue opportunities and products in coordination with the firm’s leadership, including partnership with the Chief Innovation Officer
What makes you a great fit for this role
- You are a strategic thinker with vast knowledge of digital marketing and advocacy technology landscape to lead and drive the strategy, development, and execution of all digital marketing plans and emerging media initiatives based on client requirements
- You are curious, ambitious, entrepreneurial, comprehensive, relentless and committed
- Deep knowledge of campaign metrics and analytics to inform campaign strategies and the ability to relay that information in a simple and effective manner
- You have a solid understanding of the dynamic interactive marketing industry (fundamental marketing principles, web and app development, mobile optimization, measurement and analytics, internet technology, UI/UX, content strategy, etc.) and the ability to “connect-the-dots” across channels and touch points
- Experience in managing and leading a high-performing team that’s distributed across the country
- You are confident presenting your digital expertise in a formal business pitch or client meeting
- You have solid experience strategizing ways to keep firm profitability high while keeping costs low
- You are a digital evangelist and take pride in meeting clients (and fellow colleagues) where they are at to accelerate them forward and empower them to deploy digital in their strategies
- You are an organized project manager with the ability to quickly prioritize a dynamic and changing task list, and are adept at managing vertically and horizontally to achieve organizational and campaign-level objectives
Desired qualifications and experience
- At least seven years of digital marketing experience in an agency, political campaign, or corporate communications environment
- Experience supervising multiple direct reports and managing vendor relationships
- Experience managing and placing significant digital communications budgets
- Expert level ability with paid search, display, retargeting, buying, marketing automation, e-commerce, landing pages, conversion, programmatic media optimization, and everything else related to delivering exceptional performance-oriented digital campaigns
- Facility with social media channels including: LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook (among others)
- Understanding of programmatic media buying, marketing automation, e-commerce, landing pages, conversion optimization and everything else related to delivering exceptional performance-oriented digital campaigns
- Experience translating highly technical information into presentable and digestible formats that educate and enlighten non-technical internal and external stakeholders via datastudio, hubspot, or other metrics reporting platform
- Fundamental understanding of web and app development, mobile optimization, measurement and analytics, internet technology, UI/UX, content strategy, etc.
- Deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data, and analytics to improve results and increase ROI
- Deep and current knowledge of digital trends and strategy in digital marketing and technology, and the ability to educate clients and team members on opportunities, best practices, and common pitfalls
- Demonstrate strong proficiency with industry-specific systems and tools, including — but not limited to — Google Ads, WordPress, Salesforce, HubSpot, Sketch, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Ads, Adobe Creative Cloud, Asana, Microsoft Office product suite, Spark Influence, etc.
Director-level role with an award-winning company that is pioneering digital usage, while offering:
- Competitive compensation
- 401-k match
- Company-paid health care
- Continuing education stipend
- Generous PTO policy
- Collaborative culture
We’re looking for the best candidate to fill this senior role in the firm and lead our digital practice, and they can be based in our Chicago, New York, New Jersey or Washington, D.C., office.
Kivvit is a leading data-driven strategic communications firm that specializes in helping our world-class roster of clients manage the biggest issues of the day in public affairs, policy, business, and media. We work at the intersection of corporate, government, and nonprofit sectors. Kivvit was recently named Digital Agency of the Year by Provoke, won gold medals in Bulldog Stars of PR awards for Most Innovative Agency and Best Large Agency, the Reed Awards Public Affairs Agency of the Year, and has been recognized for the last two years by the PRovoke (formerly Holmes Report) as one of the top five public affairs firms in North America. Kivvit’s award-winning team of more than 80 professionals across our six offices is comprised of leaders from government, journalism, advocacy, and business. Kivvit’s clients include Fortune 100 companies, global brands, labor unions, and the country’s top universities, non-profits, and foundations.
Kivvit has offices in Boston, Chicago, Miami, New York, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C.