Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service and technology innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners. We have an immediate opening for a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer to join our team. This position will provide an opportunity to develop the innovative technology that supports some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives. Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions and the ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Navy (DoN). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the M&S Engineer will join a motivated, talented, and technically accomplished team. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will be able to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
- This M&S Engineer position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field or the equivalent experience with at least 3 years of related work experience.
- A Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire.
- The candidate should be motivated and self-starting, with the ability and desire to work independently to evaluate options, concepts, and alternatives in a timely fashion.
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation engineering practices to include but not exclusive to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in M&S Verification Validation and Accreditation (VV&A) planning and execution
- Experience and working knowledge of Live Virtual and Constructive M&S environments and architectures
- Experience in tracking of program and project plans and schedules
- Qualified experience in word processing applications, along with automatic database maintenance.
- Qualified experience in the drafting and review of all project technical documentation along with reviewing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a senior level.
Kitty Hawk Technologies, a Veteran Owned Small Business, is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We look forward to you joining our motivated team at Kitty Hawk!