Kittery Water District Kittery, ME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kittery Water District
17 State Road, Kittery, ME 03904
Office hours: Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-Time – 40 hours per week
Pay: $58,115.00 progressively increasing to $70,100.00, paid by the hour
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- Office Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Human Resources regarding employee benefits, insurance, retirement, etc.
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Proficient in Excel including creation of forms and charts
- Proficient in typing and the use of a computer keyboard
- Proficient in the use of Gmail, Outlook and Zoom
- Knowledge of Northern Data Systems, Inc. Invision General Ledger and Edifice Utility Billing software a plus
- Knowledge of Maine Public Utilities Commission Uniform System of Accounts for Water Utilities a plus
- IT knowledge a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Further academic education at the college level in the areas of accounting and finance is preferred
Nature of Work
This is a management position involved with specialized accounting, financial and supervisory work of a complex nature keeping and maintaining the financial records of the Kittery Water District.
Work is carried out with considerable independence under the general supervision of the District Superintendent. Scope of work is difficult in nature and incumbent handles most non-routine problems or questions with little or no immediate supervision. Work involves the day-to-day billing and collection of the funds, the investment and oversight of District monies, and the preparation of detailed financial reports and statements for the District’s Board of Trustees and others.
Performs secretarial, administrative, and general office work to ensure the proper functioning of the office including typing and / or drafting letters for supervisors requiring good organizational skills necessary when structuring letters.
Performs confidential administrative tasks for the Superintendent when requested; keeps the Superintendent fully informed regarding all office activities and problems.
Manage and oversee all office work regarding customer accounts including billing, payment processing, applications for service, final notices to delinquent customers, computer system updating, inquiries and complaints, bookkeeping related to accounts receivables invoicing, accounts payable, and payroll including reviewing for accuracy, calculating monthly journal entries, balancing to general ledger.
Manage all aspects of the District financial reporting, including budget preparation and reconciliation, ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses, resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities, quarterly payroll reports for State and Federal government, reconciliation of monthly bank statements, provide necessary data for the preparation of rate analysis’s, assist the District’s accounting firm in the preparation of the annual audited financial statements.
Annual completion of renewal applications for property & casualty and worker’s compensation insurance policies as well as process and manage claims, OSHA recordkeeping and reporting, etc.
Human resource management including hiring and termination paperwork, act as plan administrator for insurance plans, assist employees in the understanding of available benefits.
Prepare the Annual Report for Water Utilities to the Maine Public Utilities Commission.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to accurately prepare complex accounting data and produce comprehensive financial reports.
- Knowledge of banking and investments, and the ability to analyze, maintain and report on cash flow and investment needs.
- Effectively solve problems to the mutual benefit of the customer and the company.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, suppliers, and staff.
- Ability to work independently and set work priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow workers and general public.
- Strong communication skills through multiple platforms including but not limited to email and telephone.
- Understanding of the confidentiality involved with this position.
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machines and equipment, including but not limited to: computer, keyboard, printer, calculator, telephone, copy/scanner/facsimile machines, postage machine and shredder
- Must be able to move or carry job-related objects and materials up to 50 pounds
- Must be physically capable of reaching to obtain and move various books, printouts, file boxes, computer paper, etc.
- Must be able to communicate through speech and in writing
- Work is normally performed in an office environment; must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Choice of Maine Public Employees Retirement System or ICMA 457 deferred compensation plans
- Health insurance – currently 100% employer paid including dependents
- Dental insurance – currently 100% employer paid including dependents
- Life insurance – currently 100% employer paid for basic, shared expense for supplemental & dependent
- Income Protection Plan – employee paid
- 13 paid holidays
- Vacation and sick time
Application available on our website kitterywater.org or send resume to email@example.com
Kittery Water District
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Kittery Water District