We are interested in hiring a licensed professional engineer (PE) or experienced traffic crash reconstruction expert to help grow our forensic transportation engineering practice at Kittelson LLC. In this role you will be responsible for investigating and reconstructing motor vehicle collisions and performing vehicle and site inspections utilizing the latest in 3D scanning technology, tools, equipment and software as required. Experience, qualifications and acceptance as an expert in the field of accident reconstruction and the underlying areas of roadway environment, vehicle performance and driver behavior are required. Deposition and trial testimony experience is necessary, and an established client base is preferred. An ACTAR certification would be a plus.
This individual will work with our in-house experts and experienced field crews to provide case-specific technical expertise on an array of traffic crash reconstruction cases. Continuous training will be provided.
- Reconstruction of motor vehicle crashes
- Deploying FARO 3-D Point Cloud Scanner and software for scene and vehicle documentation
- Preparing vehicle and scene photography and sUAS (drone) photography
- Obtaining passenger vehicle downloads using Bosch Crash Data Recorder software
- Conducting commercial vehicle/heavy truck event data recorder downloads
- Measuring and documenting heavy truck air brake systems
- Working with AutoCAD and other visualization and animation software
- Using Excel spreadsheets and crash reconstruction software
- Preparing technical reports
- Strong analytical and field inspection skills
- Professional and highly motivated, dependable and conscientious demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to write technical reports concerning inspections, documentations, literature and opinions
- Project management and supervisory experience highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel with occasional overnight trips
- Excellent driving record
This full time, permanent position comes with competitive pay rates (based on experience), medical/dental benefits, a 401k retirement plan, and paid time off. We prefer the individual to live in the College Station, Texas area, but this is not a requirement.
To learn more about Kittelson, LLC, please visit kittelsonllc.com. Interested candidates may send their resume to Sheri Barnett email@example.com.
Kittelson, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination based on veteran status or disability.