The Accessories Designer will join our Design Team in our Los Angeles Design Studio location, facilitating the transition of styles from design concept and first prototype to a final, production-ready sample. This position works closely with the Creative Director to research and determine seasonal style direction and ensure that products are cohesive with our brand image.
• Assisting the Creative Director to launch the seasonal collections as well as special collections.
• Overseeing the development of our accessory collection from concept to production: provide technical information to the production team, including specification packages, detailed drawings, and mock-ups
• Researching the local market and trends for new ideas and designs
• Collaborate and develop close working relationships with our graphics and packaging design as well as our production and marketing team.
• Fostering open communication and a team environment with all business partners
• Track and manage workflow and workload for own product and ensure product areas are maintained
• Producing design concept layouts and mood boards, including sketches, at the beginning of the design process to give the overall direction of the collection
• Demonstrating ownership and accountability of product responsibilities
• Adhering to time and action calendar as defined by Creative Director
• Reviewing collection with the Sales team prior to sales campaigns
• BA/BS/BFA Degree preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Accessories Design preferred
• Strong sketching, illustration abilities
• Excellent technical knowledge of product construction
• Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, CAD
• Team-oriented mentality
• Strong presentation skills
• Highly detail-oriented, meticulous, and creative
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to people of varying levels and departments
• Highly creative and able to think outside of the box
• Must be driven with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time