Go home every day knowing your efforts helped directly serve your community and neighbors!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be available and travel to serve the needs of the South Kitsap community through office-based and outreach services.
- Provide effective and efficient clinical services, using best practice standards including Trauma-Informed Care, to eligible children and families within a managed care environment.
- Complete and maintain all required appropriate clinical and administrative records in a timely manner, using Collaborative Documentation when appropriate.
- Provide outreach services, as clinically indicated, to clients and their parents/guardians.
- Conduct groups for target populations within identified service populations.
- Collaborate with schools, social service agencies, and other providers to ensure continuity and quality of care. Build ITCP teams utilizing natural supports as clinically indicated.
- Comprehensive and generous health, dental and vision benefits
- 19+ days of PTO and 8 paid holidays your first year
- An incredible team approach that is dynamic and collaborative
- Loan Forgiveness, training, and extensive education available
- Multiple locations and opportunities close to home
- Advancement opportunities available within the agency
- Free Employee Assistance Program and parking
- Full Time, Part Time and PRN positions along with flexible hours for professional advancement
WHO WE ARE
The grass really is greener on our side of the water! Come join us on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula, where scenic vistas, outdoor activities, and historic towns offer many options for exploration just across Puget Sound from Seattle. Residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried, affordable lifestyle, along with the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds. Seattle is a water commute away via “fast ferry” passenger service or the WA State Ferries, and Tacoma is a modest highway drive. To learn more, check out www.visitkitsap.com.
Kitsap Mental Health Services (KMHS) is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization filled with compassionate people doing important work. We’ve been transforming lives and our community since 1978, helping our neighbors with mental and behavioral health challenges to achieve healthy, productive lives. As one of the largest non-profit employers in Kitsap County, our 500+ employees provide a comprehensive range of services to over 6500 children, youth, adults, and families annually.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or a related field required.
- New Graduates with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology are Welcome to Apply!
- Two years’ experience working with children and families preferred.
- Child Mental Health Specialist preferred.
- Reliable transportation required
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, marital status, age, Vietnam era or disabled veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Please be sure to check out other Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Professional, Counselor, Psychology, and Behavioral Health Clinician roles with KMHS as well.