As a Therapist on our Adult Outpatient Team, you will function as a member of a multidisciplinary team while demonstrating the clinical skill and experience to plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients. You will also provide education, consultation to families, and crisis intervention services to clients assigned to the team.
Go home every day knowing your efforts helped directly serve your community and neighbors!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide care coordination services for an assigned group of clients. Provide direct services such as individual, group, family counseling, crisis intervention, and case management to assigned clients.
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Educate and support clients’ families and advocate for clients’ rights and preferences. Consult with families and community agencies such as DSHS, court systems, housing authorities, etc., to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Assist and support clients in finding and effectively using a primary care physician and a dentist and to develop health self-management skills. Work with team to coordinate psychiatric care with medical care
- Provide and coordinate outreach and crisis intervention services to clients in the community, and routinely identify and evaluate physical risk factors for self and others while in potentially unsafe neighborhoods, homes, while around people with unknown potential for aggression, and while in the proximity of potentially unsafe and/or unclean structures and equipment. Consult with DMHP's and law enforcement officials when appropriate
- Participate in the assessment of the client’s psychiatric and medical history (e.g. onset, course, and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g. self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
- Comprehensive and generous health, dental and vision benefits
- 19+ days of PTO and 8 paid holidays your first year
- Incredible team approach that is dynamic and collaborative
- Loan Forgiveness, training and extensive education available
- Advancement opportunities available within agency
- Free Employee Assistance Program and parking
- Full Time and Part Time positions along with professional advancement available
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling/Psychology or a related field required.
- New Grads Welcome to Apply!
- Minimum of two-years experience working with clients with mental illness preferred.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Work/life balance
- The opportunity to make a positive difference!
WHO WE ARE
Please be sure to check out other Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Professional, Counselor, Psychology, and Behavioral Health Clinician roles with KMHS as well.