1.1.2023 Restaurant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kitchen + Kocktails
An energetic and smiling team is a must. At Kitchen + Kocktails all must be the positive energy they would love to receive from others.
Service is an honor and it is imperative that every employee of our brand understands the importance of bringing quality care to our guests.
Honesty and integrity is required of our team and we seek teammates that understand the importance of being great to guests.
100% effort, focus and dedication to Kitchen + Kocktails is what we seek in all employees during their work hours. The same respect we want as consumers, is what we must give our clients.
We must give our clients the best!
Restaurant General Manager Job Responsibilities:
Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
Restaurant General Manager Job Duties:
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Restaurant General Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus
Restaurant Manager Qualities:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Leader with strong work ethic
- Ability to lead 20 - 90 Team Members to pursuit of excellence
- Highly organized
- Goal Driven / Sales Driven
- Customer service oriented
- Fair, firm and consistent
- Hours: 55+/- per week
- Daily Attendance Required – *”0” Remote Work Applicable*
- Ensures the highest level of customer service and satisfaction;
- "Do Whatever It Takes" attitude.
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivates employees to ensure cost control and labor management.
- Inspects establishment and observes workers and patrons to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards and liquor regulations.
- Ensures paperwork accuracy such as daily sales summary reports, petty cash reimbursement forms, and payroll records.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Activities include, but are not limited to,
- Walking for 8hrs or more for duration of shift,
- Standing for 8hrs or more for duration of shift,
- Reaching above head , reaching below waistline and for things on ground level for 8hrs or more for duration of shift
- Stooping , squatting , bending at waist level for 8hrs or more for duration of shift
- Lifting (50 lbs. minimum) repeatedly for 8hrs or more for the duration of shift,
- Carrying (50 lbs. minimum) repeatedly for 8hrs or more for the duration of shift,
- Talking 8hrs or more for duration of shift, and sitting periodically.
- Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ensures that the restaurant is adequately staffed to meet guest needs.
- Assists in recruitment of staff.
- Ensures development & training of staff, including maintaining an environment that fosters associate motivation, development and training.
- Ensure staff minimum capacity, daily to meet business needs and sales goals
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting evaluations and investigating any complaints. Initiates corrective action as required.
- Ensures the security and safety of the restaurant, its guests and associates.
- Special projects as directed by the Owners.
- Any other duties deemed necessary.
- Ensures high level of communication with Owners/Stakeholders
Kitchen + Kocktails by Kevin Kelley - Washington, D.C.
Get fresh 1.1.2023 Restaurant General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.